“Pleasant stay in a vibrant city”

Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street
Ranked #9 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stay in a vibrant city”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed 30th November at new Ibis Styles on Dale Street, Liverpool. Having read some negative reviews wasn't sure what we would find but we need not have feared. Very pleasant staff, modern if quite small room but plenty big enough for us, extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The flat screen tv was excellent quality and the free wifi made browsing easy. We didn't stay for breakfast but there was a range of breads, yoghurts, fruit, pastries and cheese. The only small downside was the wifi seemed to be switched off after 11pm and we couldn't get access the next morning. But overall very happy, best nights sleep in ages.

• Stayed November 2013
h7601_gm, General Manager at Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Jorge Otero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I work regularly in Liverpool and decided to try the new Ibis Styles as a change to my usual hotel. Overall I was very impressed and am booked to stay again over the coming weeks. The location is excellent- short walk to Liverpool Lime Street, near a number of restaurants and next door to Tesco Express. All good for a business traveller. Rooms are large, quirky and remarkably quiet given the location. Staff throughout were polite and helpful. Just a couple of downsides: as others have mentioned as a business traveller I am not used to being required to swipe my credit card. The receptionist was apologetic and tried to make a joke of it but is it really necessary? The lack of an iron in the room is a real mistake for business travellers. Other Ibis Styles hotels have them – I stay at the Southwark hotel- so why not in Liverpool? I don't particularly want to go to a specific ironing room after a day in the office. Continental breakfast was fine- but the hot selection seemed a bit odd to me. Overall a very good hotel which could be even better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments regarding our security swipes and your feedback about the ironing room and breakfast hot selection. I would like to assure you that we have addressed the breakfast selection offered.

West Midlands
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a convenient location. Just around the corner from Moorfields station. Check in was polite and efficient even though I had to swipe my card and have a 50 quid deposit taken off - I'm a business traveller, not a group of lads on a night out. The rooms are basic but nice. Good shower, tea abd coffee available. There are no irons in the rooms. There is an ironing 'room' on the 4th floor (but it doesn't tell you this in your room). I took my 2 outfits down with me. The room is basically a cupboard. The ironing board is tiny (it has to be to fit in the cupboard). I couldn't fit the length of a tshirt on there let alone a trouser leg and even on the highest temperature the iron wasn't great. There is also nowhere to hang clothes when you have ironed them. I had to put them on a carpeted floor that people have walked on! Please put a couple of hooks in the wall at least!
I had a fairly good night sleep. The bed was comfy.
The tap on the sink is a bit erratic. In the morning I could only get got water out of it to brush my teeth.
Breakfast was a massive let down. The hot selection was sausage rolls (the kind in pastry) or a cheese twist. I was craving scambled eggs but no typical hot breakfast items to be seen.
Staff were polite and it seemed clean.
Just sort the ironing situation, hot breakfast and water out and I'd be back.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I can assure you we take all guest feed back seriously and I would like to assure you we have made alterations to our breakfast selection and the security swipe process. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street again soon.

Bangkok
Reviewed 18 November 2013

A very comfortable hotel in a central business location - lovely and trendy rooms. Great buffet breakfast included. Rooms were bright and cheerful. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.. A great testimonial for IBIS standards.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed on Saturday night and were very impressed by the quality of the hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was spotlessly clean and very nicely decorated and there was plenty of hot water for the shower. The staff were really polite and helpful. Wifi worked perfectly unlike many hotels that claim free wifi. The hotel is in a great position, close to Liverpool One and the station. Thanks to the other reviewer we made sure our taxi driver new it was a new hotel near the corner of Dale Street and Stanley Street as he was going to take us to the one near Albert Dock. Can't comment on breakfast as we went for brunch with friends at the Moose Cafe just down the road (highly recommended).

Room Tip: We were in room 618 at the back - no view but really quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed before at Ibis Styles in France, and I like them because of the comprehensive nature of the charging - breakfast and Wi-Fi are inclusive not extras. The newly opened Ibis Styles in Liverpool is close to the city centre and only a few minutes walk from Lime Street Station. It is only a short walk to the riverside too (less than 10 minutes), including the Albert Dock and the Arena and Conference Centre, perhaps 20 minutes. The hotel itself is better quality by far than the French Ibis Styles (although they aren't bad), with an excellent buffet breakfast, a quiet spacious room and very friendly staff. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.

See you on your next trip hopefully!