“Strawberry Fields Forever”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Berlin, Germany
“Strawberry Fields Forever”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great hotel, fabulous decor and nice themed Beatles rooms. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the beds comfy. A large tourist group meant dinner and breakfast service was not great (the food was ok but not amazing and the service was kind of slow) but i am fairly sure on a normal day this would not be the case. Shower had poor drainage but this was dealt with on my departure. Overall a great city hotel - great location and very friendly staff. I will definitely be staying here again if I visit Liverpool or other ibis styles in other cities and will be recommending this hotel to friends visiting the city.

Room Tip: all rooms looked good but i stayed in strawberry fields which i would definitely recommend.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank PeggySwindle
h7601_gm, Manager at Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Peggy, Thank you for taking your time to write those lovely comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am happy to see that you liked the "Strawberry Field" room, perhaps next time you can try one of the other themed rooms that we have. I will share your comments with all the team. Looking forward welcoming you back again very soon. Regards, Joanna, Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cheddar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've never stayed in a hotel with such small rooms that are so well laid out. You really don't need any bigger than what you get.

The bed is comfortable with lovely heavy weight cotton linen. The TV is large. The room lighting is good. Temperature control is good. The pod bathroom is a good size with a larger shower than most hotels have in conventional bathrooms.

The staff were very friendly and the trainee receptionist on her second day did everything she could to help despite it all being so new to her.

Breakfast was excellent with nice fluffy croissants and pains au chocolat. Good coffee too.

If I have one criticism it's that our double room for dual occupancy only had one set of towels, not two. That's a small nit but attention to detail is important.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeyTheBikey
Dear Mikey, Thank you for taking your time to write those lovely comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the design of the room. I will share your comments with all the team. Looking forward welcoming you back again very soon. Regards, Joanna, Assistant General Manager
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had to fly back to the UK to renew my passport and this hotel was the best balance of location / price near to the office in Liverpool.

Overall the hotel is modern and clean and well run. I was put in a disabled rom - which was twice the area of all the other rooms on the floor, but the bathroom was very weirdly set up. I think on reflection I would have preferred a normal room, but perhaps none of them have two beds.

Staff were very helpful, friendly and efficient. Most seemed to be Spanish - are all the British kids working in Spain? or maybe Brits don't "do" customer service? Whatever - the staff experience there was very positive.

Location is convenient, but the hotel is very hard to find - even with the address plugged into a GPS - the signage outside is pretty bland. Look for the Tesco local on Dale St and the hotel is next door. Related to this is the fact that the parking is *before* the hotel on the one way, so once you've found the hotel, you need to drive around in a giant circle to make the turn to the parking garage. Not a big deal, but annoying to me after a long drive and scenic tour of central Liverpool's completely random one-way system.

Breakfast offerings are fairly light, but the price is right. The second day I was there, the breakfast area was mobbed by 50 or more Spanish tourists on a coach trip. The layout isn't set up to accommodate that many people, but the staff coped as best they could.

Getting food in the evening in the area is a bit of a challenge as most of the pubs near by stop serving food absurdly early (7pm? really?). The Vernon Arms next door is a nice Victorian pub, but no food in the evening. You need to head into the centre of town to find places that are open later.

Overall a good experience and I would return (and ask for a "normal" room)

Room Tip: Skip the disabled rome unless you need them. I was at the front facing Dale St and heard no noise...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Raoul, Thank you for taking your time to write those lovely comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the room design as well as our complimentary breakfast offer. I will share your comments with all the team. Looking forward welcoming you back again very soon. Regards, Joanna, Assistant General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have stayed here before and the staff are very good. However this cannot take away from dreadful free-for-all experience at breakfasts. I was on business and really do not like to be crowded out by tourists. They are not a business person hotel. There was a coach party of tourists and the breakfast area is tiny. I had to almost fight to get any breakfast and there was no where to sit. There was no privacy. It was an awful experience. I did complain and the waiter simpy said I cannot do anything I am on my own.
To add to the experience the fire alarm went off at midnight and I also had noisy youngsters on my floor who went in and out of each others rooms until the early hours. The walls are very thin.
Now I have to go to work. No way will I stay on business here again.

Room Tip: Try for a quiet room - the walls are very thin
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lygols
h7601_gm, General Manager at Ibis Styles Liverpool Centre Dale Street, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to write a review. I would like to thank you for the complements about the staff. All kind of customers, from tourist, corporate, leisure are more than welcome to our Boutique Style Hotel. I am dissapointed that you didnt enjoyed our complimentary Breakfast. The fire alarm never sounded thanks to our fully trained team, and I would like to apologise if any youngster made a noise during the night. We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis Styles Liverpool Dale Street and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience. Regards Jorge otero