“Afternoon tea lovely- service shocking!!”

PIMA bar at the Hilton Liverpool
Ranked #556 of 1,700 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea lovely- service shocking!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I booked in here for afternoon tea for a friends birthday the place itself it's lovely the food was very nice doesn't look like you get a lot but it really fills you up. There was an lady working the afternoon tea area who was very rude to most people but was completely ignoring us really felt like she was looking down her nose at us this made our experience unpleasant and every table around us got a check back but we didn't, all the tables around us got cleared away nope not ours 45minuets we was sat there with the empty board and plates. I don't understand why we were treated like this because out of everyone there we were ordering more drinks really made the experience unpleasant and had put me off going back !!

2 Thank kimberley271187

Manchester
“Superb!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Afternoon tea was an early Mothers' day treat from my daughter.
Genuine friendly greeting,taken to a choice of tables & given Afternoon tea menu.
We opted for the Pink Champagne choice.
The pink Champagne arrived in fluted glasses with half strawberries on the rims.
The cakes & sadwiches arrived on a wooden stand in fitting with the modern decor of the hotel.
A delicious selection of sandwiches & what tasted like home-made cakes followed.
Then a choice of teas or coffee,we chose Earl Grey to finish what i can only say was the best afternoon tea i've ever had.
We shall definately return.

• Visited March 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Had a wonderful meal here, yes expensive but fantastic.
they do deals which looked good, we didn't as I fancied something off the main menu.

Visited February 2014
“Birthday cocktails”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My sister organised a girlie treat for my birthday and we were booked in to PIMA for cocktails before heading somewhere else for lunch. After and uncomfortable few moments in the revolving door (I managed to get stuck) we were shown to our booth and provided with menus. My Mum is in a wheelchair and there was plenty of space to navigate around, and for her to sit at the entrance of the booth and reach the table. In fact it didn't feel like she was in her wheelchair at all. The staff were friendly and helpful and the cocktails were fabulous. I was then presented with a beautiful plate with two little cakes on it and the words Happy Birthday scrolled in chocolate - I thought my sister had arranged this, but she hadn't - not many establishments go that extra mile nowadays and this was a lovely surprise. We will most definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Good music and great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Really good music on Sat 28th Dec and great atmosphere.
Drinks of reasonable prices.
Recommend popping in.