“Average food and average service”
Review of Jimmy O's - CLOSED

Jimmy O's
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Average food and average service”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We visited on a Thursday evening around 7:30pm , it was a nice warm evening so the doors were open and it did look inviting. There were around 7 groups of people , mostly couples so hardly packed. We initially ordered 2 drinks, one beer ( limited choice) and 1 white wine ( sauvignon was very good). We decided to order food and another drink and were advised the kitchen was closed - this was now 8pm. The waitress decided to check with "chef" and then advised he would cook for us. We ordered another wine and beer to be told there were no more wine glasses and asked if the original glass could be used?!! How can a bar with no more than 14 people - not all drinking wine run out of glasses? Anyway we perservered, the food arrived and it was fine we both ordered the burger. So in summary no great shakes, service average, food average and in the current financial climate you wonder how it will manage? Will I return - probably not.

• Visited July 2013

Liverpool, UK
“Fab food”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife live local and have drank here a few times so decided to try the food given it looked nice. I had the mixed grill and it was lovely. My wife had the burger and that was spot on. Its a tad expensive but food is lovely.

“Late Afternoon Meal”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Visited late on A Thursday afternoon, the size of the portions both starter and main were large the food was very good and well presented service OK I would think it would be very busy at weekends. Nice place for a relaxing meal with freinds

“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Let's get this straight - the food is excellent.

Not so the service.

I'm probably going to sound really bad here but when the teenage waitress handed my wife a glass of rose wine without any form of fizz in it & attempted to persuade her that it was really a rose cava, my heart sank. If only she'd spent as much time on learning her wines as she had on perfecting her scouse brow and ensuring her lashes were on straight, things would have got off to such a good start!

Maybe it was because it was Father's Day or because it was the weekend but the combined brain power of the waiting staff wasn't going to trouble Mensa and it was pretty difficult to get them to understand the concept of bringing the kids meals while we had our starters - and even more difficult to get a drink sorted for my wife - after the Cava issue, they then didn't have the Sicilian rose and believe it or not, not even a bottle of Mateus...who on earth runs out of Mateus?!!!

Once we'd gone through the meal order, we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food AND the size of the portions. We had a mixed platter to start - loads of simple choices, onion rings, salt & pepper chicken, nachos, chilli...it was tasty and served nicely on a large wooden bread board.

Mains were excellent - it took some attempts to get the attention of the girls to remind them that my wife & I had ordered main courses - perhaps they were visually impaired by those lash extensions....When it arrived it was hot, tasty and plentiful.

Would I go again - yes, but not on a Sunday. The food was great, the service less so - I would hope that during the week the Sunday girls would be in school still and someone with a little more nous would be on duty!

1 Thank OliversArmy
Liverpool
“Fab food, nice staff”
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Had two really lovely meals there

Went on a Saturday night and there was a rowdy group there but the good and service was spot on

Really recommend the sharing platters for starters

• Visited May 2013