“Quite good enough”

May's House
Oppegard, Norway
“Quite good enough”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The internet connection was very bad in our apartment, but ok in the lobby. Didn't get enough clean towels when we asked for it, but the friendly staff sorted it out(perhaps due to our bad english). Beds good enough and in total quite spacious for 6 guys. No problem walking into town, but can feel long for small children or elderly people. 15mins walk to closest super market.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank thostorm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Me and 3 of my friends from Manchester stayed here on the 1st march for one of my friends birthday. We was greeted off the girls there, one girl showed us too our room, she was lovley and asked if we needed anything. We was very very very happy with out apartment it had everything in there, lovley and clean, very big, fresh clean bedding, extra bedding and clean towels. We could see the river Mersey out of the bedroom window, It was miles more than what we expected! The location couldn't have been any better, it was only £3.00 in a taxi away from concert square where we had a great night out! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who stays in liverpool! It is 1000% worth every penny. Me and the girls will be back soon to stay here! They are hands down the best apartments we have stayed in! Thankyou to the girls who work there, you made our stay extra special!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Nataliejayne23
Birmingham
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Loved this place. We were a group of girls staying for the weekend. Our apartment was huge! Kitchen and bathrooms spotless. Owners couldn't do enough for us, really helpful and sweet.
Perfectly situated for Liverpool Centre. Would not hesitate to stay there again, in fact I've been looking for an excuse!
Only suggestion would be Ten girls getting ready for a night out could have done with a few more mirrors and a bin in the bedrooms. Minor thing though.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank RouteSixtySixGirl
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at Mays house for Monday til Friday in early February 2014 whilst attending a course at Liverpool Uni.

I found the apartment to be a very good size and have all the amenities I'd expect; large bedroom with dresser and cupboard. large bathroom with bath and shower. kitchen with toaster, microwave, fridge (don't think it had a freezer compartment but it might have) and then some leather sofas, TV with built in DVD and coffee table.
There were pots and pans, plates, cups and glasses so you weren't too limited on first impression.
After living there for a few days I had a few very minor gripes such as lack of a sharp knife and colander in the kitchen but the main issue was the lack of wifi which is very important to me so i could do my uni coursework. I asked to get this fixed and to be fair the guys running the apartment were very apologetic and made a effort to rectify it but said they were awaiting engineers. The TV also had such a poor signal it was unusable.
A few days later and a visit from the engineers had rectified both problems and at every point an effort was made to help me out.

The location was very good, 10 minutes from the town centre, 30 from the uni and about 5-10 from the anglican cathedral. I believe there was a tesco nearby in Toxteth but I didn't visit that.

After a week the apartment seemed quite spartan/sterile with very limited decoration but the important things such as bed/sofa were very comfortable and quiet and for the price I can't complain at all!

Slightly thicker curtains in the bedroom would help as the white fabric blinds did not stop much light!

I'd definitely return for that price!

Room Tip: Room 8 had weak wifi signal (possibly temporary issue) and is on the road but the road was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aledj2
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed at May's Place for 2 nights with my daughters, shared a one bedroom apartment. The place was immaculate, had everything you need and more. The staff were great with us, nothing was to much trouble.
The location was fab only £3.00 taxi into centre. I would definately recommend Mays Place.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Keeley38
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just back from a weekend in Liverpool staying at May's House with a group of friends for my birthday. We stayed in the Penthouse which was absolutely spot on- just what we needed. We were met by a lovely lad who carried our bags up, showed us around and was just really friendly. The apartment was clean and spacious and brilliantly located for Liverpool One and Albert Docks - couldn't fault it. Thank you

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Alison B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Me and the lads visited Liverpool and stayed at Mays house. The staff here were great when we got to Mays house to our surprises we got upgraded to the penthouse instead of being in separate rooms, we were delighted. The penthouse was brilliant every room in there was huge! The whole apartment were really clean, and you could tell that the apartments are new as everything was very modern. We felt really safe in the flats and couldn't thank the staff enough for everything they done for us, they even gave us a late check out. Every time I visit Liverpool now I will be staying at Mays house apartments and I would recommend this place to all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends