“Funny and nice evening”

Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Funny and nice evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Lovely evening here at the Comedy Central. All the acts were very funny and the way the place was laid out and organised made for a fun night for all. Will be back soon

Visited July 2014
BabyBlueComedy, Manager at Liverpool Comedy Central, responded to this review, 27 September 2014
Hi FoodieGraham,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It's lovely to hear you had a good night with ourselves, and I do hope that we see you again soon!

United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Guess it depends on the "talent"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

From previous reviews it seems to be hit or miss whether the acts will be to someones particular taste. We just wanted a fun evening out. Booking on line 5 hours before showtime ensured a table as the room was indeed fully booked for a saturday night. The compere was just ok - someone must tell these comedians that constant swearing and sex jokes are not funny all the time. We found the first act funny, the second absolutely hilarious and the third, the headliner, not very funny at all. Also would have been nice to be able to order nibbles. Would i return - maybe

Visited June 2014
Hi 25VicNic17

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As you have said, comedy is subjective, and not all comedians suit everybody's tastes.

I'm glad that part of our line up was to your liking - maybe next time you visit, you'll enjoy the whole show!

Ludlow, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Disapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Have visited previously and enjoyed the evening but last night 12th June the quality of the food was disapointing and the comedians appalling - an opinion that was apparently shared by most of the audience. Would we visit again? Maybe would try with a different line up ( the compere was ok ) but would eat elsewhere first.

BabyBlueComedy, Manager at Liverpool Comedy Central, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hi Peter H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It is disappointing to read that although you have visited ourselves previously, and enjoyed your evening, this was not the case on Thursday 12th June.

I apologise that you feel that the evening was not up to the high standards both yourself, and we expect and can only promise a better evening next time you visit.

Our line ups are different every week, if you would like some more information, please contact comedycentral@blackwaterbars.co.uk

I do hope that we will see you again here at Liverpool Comedy Central, and that next time you visit, we will be able to restore your faith in our comedy club.

Belfast, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Quite frankly I' surprised to see that Comedy Central is ranked as #17 on Tripadvisor as a place to spend your night, I'd place it higher!
Been a good few times on the Thursday and not once have I regretted it! Brilliant value for money. Two course meal for two and a ticket to the comedy show + there is normally a BOGOF token for a couple of drinks after the show! Sticky ribs are perhaps the best I've tasted to date! Coleslaw is faultless. The steak / chips main is amazing, the salt and black pepper chicken is also amazing! Cocktails are fantastic, never had a signature cocktail which I haven't liked. Staff are attentive, friendly, helpful, fast, informative etc.
Comedy has been hilarious, seen a few awkward comedians, but to be fair there are four acts and chances are extremely high that if you don;t like one comedian, there will undoubtedly be another that you'll love. Also has had comic acts such as Mark Dolan - complete gentleman and hilarious compare.
Comedians are brilliant at interacting with the crowd and improvising.
The only recommendation that I would make is that noise pollution should be prevented a bit more. There was one time when I was at the Comedy Central and (sitting at the back) there was a couple who were having a drunken argument. This went on for around two acts, and was extremely distracting as all I could hear was heated whispers rather than comedy stand up. I do know that security / rules are enforced, but also noticed the rear of the room sometimes may go unnoticed.
However, as stated, I have been here quite a few times and this was a one off. Other than that, I would describe a night out Comedy central as money well spent! (P.S I have wrote this review as a collective experience rather than specifically about one visit).

Visited June 2014
Hi Frankie321,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review, your kind comments have been passed on to all of our staff to see.
We are very proud of the quality of our food, and drink - the Signature Cocktails are the staff's own creations!

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, and I do hope that we see you again here at Liverpool Comedy Central very soon.

Bradford, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great night here celebrating my boyfriends birthday.
Got the blue Thursday deal which was 2 for 1 and excellent value for money.
We ate in the blue bar and grill upstairs as part of the deal, which was very tasty.
All comedy acts were really funny as was the compair, enough breaks to nip to the bar to refill your drinks or you could order them to your table.
Definitely would recommend and would love to go again.

BabyBlueComedy, Manager at Liverpool Comedy Central, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi TinaH2011,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback. It's always lovely to see that guests had a wonderful evening with us - and Happy Birthday to your boyfriend, I'm glad we could help you both to celebrate!
I agree that our Buy One Get One Free Thursday evenings are fantastic value for money -its something we are very proud of!

I do hope that we will see you back at Liverpool Comedy Central very soon!