“Poor portion control”
Review of OH ME OH MY

OH ME OH MY
Ranked #176 of 1,832 Restaurants in Liverpool
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: OH ME OH MY is a relaxed and beautiful space to meet, think, eat, drink and hold an event. Our soundtrack takes you on a journey back to the era of Parisian Cafe Society. French speakeasy classics rub shoulders with contemporary soul and Jazz to soothe your mind. We are open as a cafe and teahouse between 9am-4pm, Monday to Friday and available to hire exclusively for Private Events in the evening and at weekends.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I went to this restaurant with 10 colleagues from work, the decor is incredible, very spacious with incredibly high ceilings and the tables were well spaced. The staff were excellent, everything was fine until the food arrived! I had ordered smoked haddock with salad potatoes with a mustard sauce. The fish was excellent but only a modest portion, the salad potatoes turn out to be very thinly sliced ordinary potato and undercooked (probably less than one third of a medium potato). A very small portion of salad leaves and a tablespoon of sauce came with it. Two other colleagues had the same and theirs were no bigger. This was like a starter and I left the restaurant as hungry as when I arrived. I must say that others in the party who did not choose the fish enjoyed reasonable portions. If I wasn't pushed for time I would have sent it back, never the less such meagre portions should never have been sent out to customers.

1  Thank Ken A

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Went to celebrate a birthday of a work colleague and we were all surprised at how unusual the place was, it wasnt what I was expecting it was beautiful and quirky. From the moment we arrived the service of the staff was excellent, they gave us enough time to choose and as there was 15 of us they explained for each meal to come out together it would take a bit longer. One of my friends ordered an omelete and the waitress came over and exlained that the chef was unhappy with the quality of the one he had made and it would take a few minutes longer to make her a fresh one. This is excellent customer service with attention to detail. The atmosphere is relaxed and feels like you have gone back in time, the furniture is eclectic from different designs and styles of chairs, tables and sofa's to the music playing from the gallery above. The lighting and the decor really set the mood for a relaxed meal. Staff are friendly and knowledgable with an excellent choice of food, teas and alcoholic drinks.
The room itself is decorated with fairy lights, table candles and chaneliers with some beautiful heavy curtains around the bar area and there is even a dressing table area which any Hollywood actress would love.
While were were there a few people had afternoon tea which did look very appetising and well presented.
The toilets are clean and tidy the only down side is it could do with a few repairs to door handles and toilet seats but this didnt spoil my visit.
I would highly recommend it for a relaxing meal, you wont be dissappointed.

1  Thank Sharron P
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Visited for afternoon tea for a celebration. Beautiful surroundings overlooking the Liver Building. Delicious sandwiches and cakes. Staff very knowledgable about the different teas that were on offer. A delightful afternoon. Throughly recommended.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Surprise 40th Birthday Bash and what a surprise!
Wonderful venue and layout with atmospheric lighting creating a superb ambiance.They even
allowed us to add our own decorations and band to create that personal
touch.
All the staff were so well organized and welcoming but we
particularly must mention Katie for pre-party organization and Emma on
the night itself. The superb meze buffet was beautifully laid out and
served by the helpful and pleasant staff.
Altogether an evening we will remember forever!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We were here at The Secret Space on 1st Feb 2014 for my sister and bro-in-law's wedding evening party and it was magnificent! The room itself was decorated so tastefully and beautifully, with lots of fairy lights, candles and beautiful wedding flowers. There were origami decorations and hearts and confetti on every table - really special. The bar was really well stocked and really reasonable,the staff were delightful and the DJ was ace - more than happy to take requests and suggest other songs that were similar to the ones on my list! I really cannot recommend this place enough so a HUGE thank you for making the wedding party one that we will never forget! xx

10  Thank Gillby1982