“Nice decor, slow service, more of a bar”
Review of Vinci - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Liverpool
“Nice decor, slow service, more of a bar”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is more set up as a bar than a restaurant, the decor and lighting is quite nice, and club like...

The service is quite slow and run from the bar, it takes a while to get attention, and the meal took a long time to arrive.

I've eaten here previously a few years ago and enjoyed the food and found it reasonably priced. I had a living social voucher this time for a 6 piece taster meal. The food was well presented. It was more of a platter than a meal, and arrived quite cold, so I do feel a bit misled... Sides were offered at an extra price beforehand, but we didn't realise then that all we'd be getting was a large starter....

I wouldn't recommend getting the living social as it isn't a good deal. Maybe eat there if its more of a drink you want, you're not in a rush and aren't particularly hungry?

• Visited February 2014

“Reasonable Pub Grub”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This place is in a great location on Allerton Road and is brilliant in the summer as the front windows open out onto the pavement. The food is average pub grub and reasonably priced for the environment.

Visited January 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Eating sub-standard food in the dark”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Went here for a meal with a group of 20 one Saturday night, where we were booked into the upstairs room. The staff were all really pleasant and friendly, however they were very slow and stood around chatting while we had to keep asking them to do things like take our order, clear our starter plates etc. The lighting upstairs is disastrous- it's really dark and there are these lights which change colour and basically make it really hard to read the menu or see what you're eating. The food arrived in good time. For starter I had the mushrooms, which were edible but really bland and unexciting which was disappointing. For main course I had the steak- it was pretty nice, not amazingly tender but you wouldn't expect that for the price, and the accompaniments were very tasty but all the food was served warm to lukewarm and on a stone cold plate.
When we went downstairs afterwards to drink and dance etc, we were really put out by the people smoking in the toilets, and by the fact the toilets were FREEZING!
This isn't a bad spot to stop in for a drink, but staying for any length of time is rubbish due to the horrid toilet facilities, and a meal here is certainly not worth wasting your money on.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Laxtitute B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bad experience”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I tried to book a table at this restaurant as I had a voucher but was unable to get through to anybody by telephone for 3 weeks...it just rang out all the time. I then went to the restaurant and tried to book a table in person to be told that they were fully booked and I should call up another time. I told them that no one answers the phone and they said that there is nothing they can do! The voucher then expired but after visiting the restaurant and seeing the interior and the food on the tables it wasn't such a big miss. Bad lighting and unhelpful staff it was like I had stepped back in time. There are lots of good restaurants in Liverpool...this is definitely not one of them.

• Visited January 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Reservation made - was told it was not possible to dine - shocking!”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

My friend had made a booking for Vinci - on arriving we was told that no table had been set up for as a VIP party was taking place upstairs. We was told that they could set something up for us even though we had made a booking and this should have already been sorted. Upstairs was vile, a room full of empty tables/no chairs - big light on the lot. Looked more like a canteen than a 'Restaurant'. We decided to pass on their offer as i would rather take my money else were, staff member didn't seem atall bothered - was just really annoying as we had not booked anywhere else to eat! They had asked for a phone number on making the booking so could have at least called us to inform us that they were unable to cater for us. Can honestly say i will never return here absolutely shocking!

• Visited December 2012