“Don't have breakfast it's not worth it”

The Mons Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery
Ranked #1,468 of 1,903 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery we’re a friendly bunch and pride ourselves on giving the warmest of welcomes. So when you pop over to our place, whether it’s to catch up with friends over a refreshing drink or because you just can’t be bothered to cook, we hope you’ll find it like a home from home – without the washing up! We’ve something for all the family - from freshly carved, slow cooked roasts, stonebaked pizzas made from 100% fresh dough, tasty pub classics like hand battered fish, plus a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife & son myself cost over £19 Not up to a standard for that price first Saturday of may food warm under lights not good enough no mushrooms unless you pay more no blackpudding chips you can use for dartboard as for having to pay for tea & coffee which is added to price this is not the place for London prices will be staying away from here as a hgv driver for many years go to transport cafe

1  Thank frankbootle
General Manager A, Manager at The Mons Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Sorry we disappointed you frank on your visit for breakfast. Our breakfast is a help yourself unlimited for the food items out this does not include black pudding or mushrooms or any drinks just the items advertised on our menu at the prices advertised also. We feel our prices are very reasonable. I do take on board your comment for the chips and have addressed this with our team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Would never come back here again the Calvary or aways cold and not nice .. I went back again to see if it changed and wAs still the same

1  Thank Robert S
General Manager A, Manager at The Mons Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Robert. I am really sorry we have let you down on more than 1 occasion we are working on improvements.I have recently taken over here and working with the team to make relevant improvements this will be actioned. Many thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

So we visited Wednesday of this week, I can honestly say I wasn't looking forward to going but couldn't be bothered to make my own dinner. I was suprised the atmosphere was much better the food tasted lovely, yes they got my partners order wrong but it was rectified with apologies from all of the kitchen staff. Drinks were acceptable with added touch of fruit to drinks which shocked me to the core if am honest, felt like the staff added them extra little touches that make the visit worth while. I say am suprised as I had vowed to never waste my money in such a place after the previous couple of visits.. firstly the food orders wer constantly wrong or missing dips and even once had a burger served on a baking tray .ca. provide picture for proof. Then the final straw was a visit in which we ate in the bar area the food order was totally wrong the first options on food wer not available and the Gordon's gin had run out so I got given Bombay sapphire without even asking me first.. granted I only paid for price of gordans but still ask your customer.. Then to top the night of a man went to the bar no staff to found and then a few minutes later a so called manager appeared (short lady black hair miserable face) and started shouting at the man accusing him of banging on the bar to attract attention this was untrue and when the man denied the accusations the manager bare faced lied am said he was seen on camera, absolutely disgusting behaviour as a manger especailly I would expect a more prefessional standard. Thankfully this lady didnt seem to be present on our return visit, maybe that's why it was a much better experience, hopefully she no longer works for you or she has been formally addressed on her customer service skills, I we would love to return and experience the standards of our most recent visit.

Thank you for your honest review. I am delighted this visit has much improved on the last one. we have been addressing every review to improve daily. I would like to apologise for your order being incorrect and thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify it. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Ive eaten here a few times since it became a carvery myself ive only had the carvery which is edible but no much flavor very bland. My son likes the pizzas they have looked fine. The salad bar, chips, and dessert station is a good bonus for this restaurant however they do need a better chef to.make customers want to return. We stick to toby carvery now. With the variety of foods you offer compared to toby you could take there customers with a better chef.

General Manager A, Manager at The Mons Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi Jessica S, we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

We’ve been routinely going to the Mons for the last 8 years or so before our football games, to get a burger and a pint before the match.

We visited tonight as normal on our journey to the match. We sat in the bar area, which was far quieter than usual - only a couple of tables taken. We ordered our food, and went to collect when ready. On return to our table, the confrontational manager shouted across the room to us and told us we can’t sit and eat food in this room. This was new to us... we had been doing it for the last 8 years.

When we asked why, she said that the football was on soon, and she needed the tables. Let me tell you, the bar was almost empty! We couldn’t help but laugh. When we told her we were going to the game so we wouldn’t be holding the table for these invisible customers, she said she had banned food in the room because people were throwing it. I was baffled. We had 3 over 50’s in our group and didn’t exactly look like a troublesome bunch. When we explained that this was what we usually did before the game, and other people including staff were also eating in the room, she threatened to bar us! We then asked for a refund as we hadn’t yet started our food, but none was offered.

Between us we spend hundreds of pounds in the Mons every year. We won’t be any more. Appalling treatment to regular customers. Very disappointed.

One piece of advice to the manager - don’t bar your regulars.

2  Thank Josh H
General Manager A, Manager at The Mons Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hi Josh, if you could please contact the Mons on 0151 922 5487 so i can discuss this further.

kerry