“Tribute night”

Ranked #54 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Tribute night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Came here for a tribute night whih included a three course meal, soup steak and Eton mess were delicious and for 25 I can't complain. Staff were very friendly one thing I would mention is the stairs are quite far away and the drinks can be on the pricey side.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Guernsey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

The room we had was fine for overnight stay but for any longer no.
The room was tidy but no bin provided for rubbish you had to use the bathroom bin. no ventilation so I would think in summer it would be like an oven.
The tv reception was very poor and when you could watch it is was not tuned in to local news it was giving the local news for Birmingham.
The plus point was the breakfast great value for money and was cooked fine

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarniaman
SirThomas, Manager at Sir Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We are sorry to hear that your recent stay did not live up to your expectations of our Hotel. I have read your comments and understand in isolation why these issues have affected your stay with us. If the issues you had whilst you stayed would have been reported to the Reception or Management team we could have dealt with them in a more timely manner.
I have spoken to the Housekeeping team who had the bin replaced as soon as they were notified as this was an unfortunate oversight. As regards to the air conditioning, as the Sir Thomas is a listed building there are some constraints that prevent us from installing an effective system at present. We have since re-tuned the TV in the room which has now effectively fixed the issue you had whilst you stayed.
Please contact the Hotel direct on 0151-236-1366 should you ever decide to visit Liverpool again and we will offer you a preferential rate and a stay in one of our Superior rooms to make up for the issues you encountered on your last stay.
Kind regards
Melling Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Took my 15 year old daughter here on Saturday for Afternoon Tea, I did call beforehand to book and told them it was her birthday. On arrival we were shown to a lovely table, they call it a booth but it was just a high backed sofa against the wall, but it was a lovely table and they really made her feel welcome. The crockery was the most delicate china and the whole experience was exquisite. We did wait around 45 minutes for the food, but once we were seated the waiter took our drinks order and brought the tea and champagne straight away and said we could have as many refills as we liked so the wait did not bother us as the surroundings were so nice. When the food did arrive I must admit I was slightly concerned there was not enough, it looks quite small, two-tiered cake stands with four triangles of sandwiches and three tiny cakes, but then they brought one of these for each of us and there was plenty. The food was very obviously fresh hence the wait and the cakes were delicious. I would definitely recommend this and for the price it is equally as nice, perhaps even more so, than other places in Liverpool who charge double.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The location was very central and the NCP car park discount was amazing. The hotel rooms had recently been refurbished. The staff were so pleasant and helpful. The full English breakfast was freshly cooked and the at the table service superb. It couldn't have been any better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Shrewsbury, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I did not plan on visiting Liverpool but I had decided to ask my girlfriend to marry me and she had never been to the city and so booked this as a last minute thing to end the weekend.
When I saw the price I had paid for the room I was not expecting much (Just a place to lay our heads to be honest), But how very wrong could I be!
This hotel is amazing in every way!
The location is perfect, Just 2 minute walk away from Liverpool city centre and the room quality is just fantastic.
Our room (308) was HUGE and offered good views of some of the city skyline.
The king size bed and furniture was stunning and I thought I must have booked the wrong hotel.
Also, one thing that immediately becomes apparent when you stay here is the world class quality of all the friendly staff we met. I emailed ahead and had a quick response telling me where to park nearby and even giving me a discount voucher.
I cannot wait to return! Thank you so much for a wonderful stay! :)
And you should all be very proud of the brilliant hotel you have.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobLeeDavies
SirThomas, Guest Relations Manager at Sir Thomas Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our Hotel. We are always trying to make sure we look after our customers as best we can and try to make their stay as comfortable as possible. Please contact us should you ever decide to visit Liverpool again and we will offer you a preferential rate and make sure your stay is just as good as your last, thank you.

Kind regards
Guest Relations Manager
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Last month I brought a group of about 20 friends to the Sir Thomas hotel and received first class service. Stephen, the hotel manager, was very happy to show me around the rooms at the hotel before I made the booking and the reception staff were always most helpful with queries I had before the stay.

My party were impressed with the standard of decor and cleanliness of the hotel rooms and the cooked breakfast, with several remarking on the hotel's excellent value for money.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for any sort of trip based in Liverpool - great location, superb value and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mike_br15tol
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Had our wedding at the sir thomas just yesterday (23rd may) and I cant praise this place enough from the planning 6 months ago right up untill the day as been a great experiance and really made things easier for me and my wife to really try and relax or concentrate on other things that needed doing elsewhere. The staff played a big part in the day they were brilliant with a very proffesional approuch to the whole day and could not do enough for us and our guests. The other person if like to mention is tony the manager who is great and treats you like a good friend as well as being in charge of proceedings. Right from day one we knew this was the place from the warm welcome we felt from the meetings we had from tony leading up to our wedding and I really liked the way anything we needed it was done straight away so our ideas along with there ideas made a very special day and anyone looking for a venue for their wedding should check this place out for sure. I really do recommend as I was very very impressed. A big thankyou
Steven ball