“our great stay national weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hanover Hotel

Hanover Hotel
Ranked #59 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Belfast, United Kingdom
“our great stay national weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

on arrival we were greated by jon lovely fello made us feel very welcome,good bar and staff service, nice guinness not as good as ours (ireland) ha _ha only kidding.love the city hotel location spot on if you don,t like party time then go to the country side as this hotel is in party town .had a great breakfast off the big fella sorry forgot his name plenty of tea coffee cereals and juice to help your self to he couldn,t do enough for us thanks big fella see you all next year .

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was very nervous to what to expect of this hotel but there was no need to be. When we arrived the lady in reception was lovely couldn't do enough to help room was clean and had everything we needed for our stay. The hotel is in perfect location for shopping and night life. Breakfast was really good too. Will deffo be booking again for our next visit

• Stayed March 2013
rhyl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed at the hotel last night , greeted by friendly member of staff on reception all staff really friendly and welcoming , room very clean and tidy very good quality for money .Great location for town ,food excellent .would 100% stay again ,wouldnt change any thing about hotel , staff doing a fab job ,look forward to be visiting liverpool again and staying here again .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

After pre reading the reviews we were very wary to what we would find. We could not fault our room it was very clean and warm. Since it was our first visit to Liverpool it was ideally situated near all the amenities very walk-able to the museums, ferry, docks, stations and shops about five/ten minutes. The area could be noisy if you go at a weekend but would be in a great area for clubbing. We stayed Monday Tuesday night and found the hotel was quiet just what we wanted.
Breakfast and meals were great. The price was very good for what we got and the staff were friendly and polite.
I would certainly stay here again if I came back to Liverpool which I surely intend to do in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel on first floor there are no lift so would not be suitable for...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Margretjackson64
Derby, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

I'm a Beatles fan so where better to stay than in a hotel with a bar called "McCartneys". Situated right in the centre of Liverpool and just minutes walk away from most of the attractions.
There was no-one manning reception when I arrived so I had a drink in the bar while I waited. The bar is full of Beatles memorabilia with a couple of pool tables at one end and the obligatory TV's for sports fans. I eventually got my key and was told that my room was on the second floor. The guy gave me two keys and said I could leave one in permanently as it also worked the heating. I toddled off upstairs and opened the door to the second floor and was met by an icy blast. I don't know if there was any heating on on the second floor but it didn't feel like it. I know it was cold outside anyway but it was nice and warm in the bar and on the first floor so why not the second floor?
Anyway I entered my room and it was cold in there as well so I put my keycard in the slot and the heating duly came on. It's a shame this wasn't done before I arrived given the weather outside. It would have been nice to enter a warm cosy room. So anyway I left my key in the slot for the remainder of my stay and it was fine.
I had a single room which was nice and clean and had everything i needed. The shower was pretty good as well.
I had a snack in the bar when I arrived which was really nice and not expensive. The drinks are reasonably priced as well. They have a varied menu all at reasonable prices and all freshly made.
Breakfast was good with a choice of cereals, fruit juice, fresh fruit etc. You have to get your own tea or coffee. I had the full English which left me very full indeed. 2 Bacon, 2 Sausage, Egg, Beans, Mushrooms, Hash Brown & Tomatoes and toast.
All in all I enjoyed my stay. The staff were friendly and polite and since I was here to visit the Cavern Club the hotel as I said was ideally situated and it was just a 15 minute walk to Mathew Street where the club is. I would certainly stay here again if I come back to Liverpool which I surely intend to do in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Cant really say, but the bar gets very busy, especially at weekends when I think it's open until...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank drcarnie
Lima
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

The hotel is just 5 minute walk from the train station and very close to docks.
Rooms are ok small but clean and safe. The area is noisy but if you go to Liverpool for clubbing the hotel is perfect.
Breakfast and meals were great. The price is good for what you get

Room Tip: No lift so be sure to have a room on the first floor and bring light luggage
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends