“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #59 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
england
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recently stayed in The Hanover hotel on a Saturday night. Its in a great position near to all the local attractions/ shops. The Hotel was clean and provided all the necessities for a short break. The cooked breakfast was excellent and the Hotel Staff very friendly, in particuar Ian who is the hotel manager. I would definitely stay there agian and would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank l1verpool

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

All the personnel are friendly and will assist you in ways you have not thought a lodging facility would be able to do. Spent 5 nights there, and the full English breakfast is a wondeful to start your day. My husband does not like instant coffee and could not tell the difference it is soooo well done there!! We would then ask Ian question after question, and he took the time to answer as time allowed. When I left, I felt like I was leaving my family and look forward to returning.
The reviews are all accurate. If you are a light sleeper, you may have issues with the music from McCartney's Pub on the ground floor, but if you are in Liverpool to enjoy yourself, then it will not bother you at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edna1111
Ballyshannon, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

My first ever trip to Liverpool and the Hanover Hotel. The location is great, the room was great.I think that the basics have been covered in other reviews.
What really made it for me was the staff....Okay...here goes.
John is absolutely amazing....So friendly and such good craic. The banter was brilliant . He is also very informative. While we were there there was a tattoo convention on in the city. Normally it is not the kind of thing that would interest me but I got chatting to different people and John was just so enthusiastic about it all. He seems to genuinely care about the customers and even remembered my travelling companion from a previous visit.
Ahhh Breakfast...
Ian was in charge of the breakfast...what a gentleman!. After our first morning he noticed that we like our mugs of tea and not just a wee cup. From then on there was always a table set up with mugs and a teapot. Again, Ian is a good man for the craic and there is no delay in the breakfast arriving to your table.If you go for the full English breakfast you are set up for the day.
McCartney's bar....great prices...and again..the Staff!!!. I wish that I could remember everybody's name because they were all fantastic. The aforementioned John who is also the bar manager produced skittle shots on my last night because I cheekily mentioned that it was my birthday (not a scam...it actually was!).
If you want good value, a clean hotel and a central location...there are probably other places that would suit just as well. If you want an amazing welcome, helpful,friendly and super competent staff, then just book the Hanover now.
If you want to walk in after nine hours sightseeing and have a pint with a friendly bar person...then just book the Hanover now.
I have travelled by myself to other destinations in the past and this is a place that I would also recommend for a solo traveller. In McCartney's bar, the staff are very friendly and chatty and there just seems to be great customer interaction as well and all in a very fun non invasive way.
It appeared to me also that there was great respect between management and staff and a good work atmosphere so kudos to staff and management for that one.
Highly recommended and a huge Thank you to all of the staff. I shall return!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryClarke91
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

We came really late at night and had an excellent welcoming from John who offered us a great deal... we just spent one night but really enjoyed it, clean and comfy room, we had a great time at the bar in the night and looking at the fab pictures of the Beattles all around us. An excellent central location for seeing Liverpool city and docks, good breakfast served by a very polite young man. I really recommend it, good value for money!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pichochina
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

A very basic but handy hotel. Smack dab in the centre of the city close to all the shops, bars restaurants, museums, art galleries, historic sites and buildings and easy to get to. It may well be basic but very clean with helpful friendly staff. The hotel and bar are well known in the city and you will find the bar is busy most nights.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrew C
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

on arrival we were greated by jon lovely fello made us feel very welcome,good bar and staff service, nice guinness not as good as ours (ireland) ha _ha only kidding.love the city hotel location spot on if you don,t like party time then go to the country side as this hotel is in party town .had a great breakfast off the big fella sorry forgot his name plenty of tea coffee cereals and juice to help your self to he couldn,t do enough for us thanks big fella see you all next year .

Room Tip: book early