Hanover Hotel
  • Pool
US$107
US$102
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$65
US$182
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewssingle roomquad roomexcellent budget hotelbeatles memorabiliano liftpubs clubsrooms were clean and tidyselection of cerealsbunk bedsq parkfull englishcentral locationfab locationyogurtstaff were lovelybreakfast was includedgood size
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Fab location, right slap bang in the middle of the tourist area both of night club and places of Interest. People lovley and friendly. Staff were professional, friendly and approachable. Breakfast was fab along with the service. The bar service and entertainmemt was Also fab. Our first time in Liverpool, it was My birthday.....I was not dissapointed. To be honesty, as a two Star and from the outside....I was not hopeful However once inside it was.like a tardías and a lovley atmospher, clean welcoming. This place should be at Least a three Star rating and I will be staying here again. Thanks for a lovley experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank sandra p
Reviewed 17 June 2013

just been to a stag do and 16 of us stopped here. The location is spot on, central and close to loads of bars. All the staff from the reception to the bar staff in McCartney's were friendly to us all. Ian sorted the breakfast in the morning and it was bang on as well. Would defo stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Riley044
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I recently stayed in The Hanover hotel on a Saturday night. Its in a great position near to all the local attractions/ shops. The Hotel was clean and provided all the necessities for a short break. The cooked breakfast was excellent and the Hotel Staff very friendly, in particuar Ian who is the hotel manager. I would definitely stay there agian and would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank l1verpool
Reviewed 30 May 2013

All the personnel are friendly and will assist you in ways you have not thought a lodging facility would be able to do. Spent 5 nights there, and the full English breakfast is a wondeful to start your day. My husband does not like instant coffee and could not tell the difference it is soooo well done there!! We would then ask Ian question after question, and he took the time to answer as time allowed. When I left, I felt like I was leaving my family and look forward to returning.
The reviews are all accurate. If you are a light sleeper, you may have issues with the music from McCartney's Pub on the ground floor, but if you are in Liverpool to enjoy yourself, then it will not bother you at all.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edna1111
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My first ever trip to Liverpool and the Hanover Hotel. The location is great, the room was great.I think that the basics have been covered in other reviews.
What really made it for me was the staff....Okay...here goes.
John is absolutely amazing....So friendly and such good craic. The banter was brilliant . He is also very informative. While we were there there was a tattoo convention on in the city. Normally it is not the kind of thing that would interest me but I got chatting to different people and John was just so enthusiastic about it all. He seems to genuinely care about the customers and even remembered my travelling companion from a previous visit.
Ahhh Breakfast...
Ian was in charge of the breakfast...what a gentleman!. After our first morning he noticed that we like our mugs of tea and not just a wee cup. From then on there was always a table set up with mugs and a teapot. Again, Ian is a good man for the craic and there is no delay in the breakfast arriving to your table.If you go for the full English breakfast you are set up for the day.
McCartney's bar....great prices...and again..the Staff!!!. I wish that I could remember everybody's name because they were all fantastic. The aforementioned John who is also the bar manager produced skittle shots on my last night because I cheekily mentioned that it was my birthday (not a scam...it actually was!).
If you want good value, a clean hotel and a central location...there are probably other places that would suit just as well. If you want an amazing welcome, helpful,friendly and super competent staff, then just book the Hanover now.
If you want to walk in after nine hours sightseeing and have a pint with a friendly bar person...then just book the Hanover now.
I have travelled by myself to other destinations in the past and this is a place that I would also recommend for a solo traveller. In McCartney's bar, the staff are very friendly and chatty and there just seems to be great customer interaction as well and all in a very fun non invasive way.
It appeared to me also that there was great respect between management and staff and a good work atmosphere so kudos to staff and management for that one.
Highly recommended and a huge Thank you to all of the staff. I shall return!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple