“Move over everywhere else, Liverpool has a new top hotel”

Titanic Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #15 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Move over everywhere else, Liverpool has a new top hotel”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booked in on 15/08/2014 for one night. An incredibly friendly welcome by very well presented staff, and we were encouraged to wander around the hotel area and bar in the restaurant. Once we saw the restaurant, menu and wine list, we were disappointed that we were dining elsewhere. The bedroom was stunning with the hotel making the most of the conversion space and avoiding compromising for extra rooms. The bathroom was excellent (although I touch missed was a soft closing loo seat). There is no doubt that this is now my favourite hotel in Liverpool

2 Thank Howard J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (615)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Hartlepool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked a Superior Dockside Room via Secret Escapes for my boyfriend's birthday, as we haven't stayed in Liverpool before and we certainly weren't disappointed with our stay at the Titanic.
I must admit, we had a little difficulty in actually finding the hotel via our sat-nav, as the postcode took us to a different site and we were, initially, a bit concerned with the area as we got nearer, since the location itself is pretty derelict and run-down. I believe this area is part of an up-coming development area, however, so I'm sure it will be 'the place to be' once completed!
Once we found the hotel, we parked up without problem and were promptly greeted by a friendly member of staff who walked us in to reception and kindly took our bags while we checked in.
He lead us to our room down a rather dark & atmospheric corridor which, although dark, all add to the ambiance of the hotel & explained to us the use of the facilities and to ring down to reception if we needed anything at all.
The room itself was huge and separated in to two areas, being an upper level seating area with sofa, chairs, table, desk, modern TV, coffee machine and a lower sleeping area (with a large & comfortable bed!). The bathroom was also very spacious with excellent amenities & a huge rain-fall shower.
First impressions reminded me of a rather chique & minimal, Manhattan-style apartment but I would have a few pointers: due to the open brick-work above the seating area of the room (which looks great) some of the dust/ cement had come down on to the sofa, so I would encourage house-keeping to keep an eye on this. A fridge/ mini-bar would have been nice to have and, as some other reviews mention, it would be handy to have an area close by to the full-length mirror to place make-up/ hair amenities on. There also wasn't any hotel information such as breakfast times, check-in/ check-out, room service options etc. in the room which would've been useful. We did make use of the full ironing board/ iron, however, which proved very handy.
We did not dine in the hotel that evening but had the pleasure of sampling some of the hotel's signature rum cocktails in the beautiful bar area which were superb, and if breakfast the following morning was anything to go by, I would seriously consider dining here next time! There was an excellent array of cereals, pastries, breads, fresh berries, yogurt, honey & jams, as well as your hot option which I opted for Eggs Benedict - my favourite! On check-out, we asked reception staff if we could possibly print out a ticket we had booked online & they obliged to help without fuss - although the printer took did take while to work! Safe to say, I would definitely recommend staying here and would love to come again, especially when the spa area is open! :)

1 Thank Jenny H
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked this hotel via the 'Secret Escapes' website and you always wonder if what you are going to get matches the reviews and photos. In this instance my expectations were blown away - the hotel is simply stunning, it's a converted Tabacco Factory and they have done it in a way they have kept alot of the history and atmosphere in place, very tasteful and very well done. The room we had was a superior dockside room and it was massive, the bathroom alone was bigger than our bedroom at home! The fixtures, fittings and decor are to an exteremly high standard too. The room is on two levels with a couple of steps up to the window and lounge area with a leather sofa, armchair and table with a sideboard and tv. The hotel lobby, bar and breakfast area are equally stunning and beautifully fitted out. Breakfast was of a very high standard, with the choice of fresh fruits, pastries, cereals and hot cooked menu being above any other hotel I have stayed in. Staff were all very freindly and welcoming. Its about a 10min walk into the centre of Liverpool or a £5 taxi ride, so very easy. This place is stunning and worth a visit.

Room Tip: Superior Dockside is recommended, for amazing views of the old warehouse opposite
3 Thank lambzeebeep
Chesterfield
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I visited here when it had been open for three days to carry out a conference / exhibition but didn't stay the night. I was so impressed by what I saw that I booked a one night stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary with my wife.
The reception staff were attentive friendly and efficient. Ensuring that our bags were swiftly handled and taken to our room. We had booked a superior room. The walk along the corridor to our room was an experience in itself the plush carpets, mood lighting and a corridor you could play a healthy game of cricket on was a mere taster of the rooms on offer behind each door.
The rooms were EPIC in proportion beautifully decorated in a contemporary style. We could not believe the size of the room. Our en-suite was luxurious but only had a shower. My wife contacted the reception and asked if we could have a room with a bath within minutes the concierge was knocking at our door with a new room and the biggest bathroom with bath and shower that I have ever seen. Double sink, no fighting over the sink in the morning here.
Breakfast was in included and once again excellent quality with lovely young polite and friendly staff.
Would we go here again? Most definitely!!!!

Taxi prices were reasonable and the hotel organised this for us on request.
It is very industrial in the area and not all room views great but I am sure once they have developed the building opposite into luxury penthouse suites the view will improve.
There is a noisy generator at one end of the hotel but we were told this would soon be changing.
The spa opens in September and I am sure it will not disappoint if the quality of the rooms and foyer and conference facilities are anything to go by.
This has been a well thought out business venture.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nantwich, Cheshire
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I booked a one night stay to try out this new Liverpool hotel. We certainly were not disappointed. The building is stunning and has been sympathetically updated and is very impressive. We had a superior dockside room on the third floor which was really, really spacious and the bathroom was enormous compared to other hotels. One slight negative is no mirror above the desk (which is the most obvious place to do make up and hair). I had to plug in hair dryer next to the full length mirror and stand up to get ready. Not the end of the world, but a bit inconvenient. We ate lunch in the restaurant and it was really good and nicely presented. Careful of the bottled water though, £5.20 which is more like London prices. We had cocktails in the bar that evening and were served by Chris. What a lovely, friendly and professional guy, his cocktails were great too. Our concierge was Damien, another really lovely guy. In fact, I think the hotels biggest asset is it's wonderful staff. Everyone was professional, friendly and helpful. There were certainly some slight niggles of things that were not quite right, but as this is a very new hotel I am sure everything will be ironed out in the near future. We really enjoyed our stay and wished it could have been longer, but we will certainly look forward to going back when the spa opens.

1 Thank Nantwich07
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is a modern beautiful hotel, with an amazing sense of history and place. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone BUT there are a couple of points that I would like to make. I would suggest that to be ' the best that it can be' it needs to offer a selection of pillows...this sounds trivial but I actually had to take the cushions off the sofa to sleep on because the pillows were so high and firm that they hurt my neck ( but the bed looked amazing with the big pillows) and also there needs to be a more accessible well lit mirror in the bathroom, for makeup purposes. I would suggest that you test the pillows before bedtime so that you can ask housekeeping to send up a softer one if necessary. The staff were lovely and food was great.

1 Thank Sheena M
Wirral
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Although it's not in the best location, the hotel is incredibly designed with amazing bedrooms. The food was lovely and the waiters were great. This all makes up for the location. It was very expensive for Tuesday night considering the spa isn't open.

I would return but they need to improve on some things. My sister booked the room for her, myself and my mum. There were some problems with the initial booking but they were sorted out but not the best customer service. She asked for a particular type of room but was told no because it was a room for 3, and they were only certain rooms that can have 3 people in. We were quite surprised to find a really small single camp bed in the room which could have been placed in any room so didn't understand why we couldn't have a room overlooking the water.

There were no bathrobes and the room was only set up for 2 despite the obvious extra bed. Other than the room service menu, there was no other hotel information in the room.

The waiting on staff were great but the receptionists were not very friendly at all. They asked the right questions but didn't care about our response.

For such a grand, beautiful new hotel I was expecting incredible service and extras but sadly this didn't happen.

• Stayed August 2014