Titanic Hotel Liverpool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
3,685 results
All reviewsrum barrum warehousestanley docksuperior dockside roomrooms are hugedockside viewcity centrestunning hotelcoffee machinespa facilitiestaxi ridethe wow factorconverted warehouseafternoon tearain showerwalk in showeroriginal features
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We were really looking forward to staying in this hotel for our first trip to Liverpool as we had read some really positive reviews. Upon arrival we were initially impressed mainly by the size of the hotel and the great restoration of a historic building.
We stayed in a massive room with a super king bed and here is where the issues started. It wasn't until going to bed that we realised that we were sleeping on two separate mattresses which meant you fall between the gap, this would have been helped by some sort of mattress protector for a smooth finish. The pillows were also extremely hard. I sleep at home on a hard mattress with hard foam pillows and the hotel bedding was that hard and uncomfortable it was the worst nights sleep both myself and my partner have had in a really long time! I was ready to get showered and leave at 4am as I was that fed up with just lying awake.
Getting ready in the morning was also difficult due to not having a mirror at the dressing table so you could not sit and use a hair dryer plugged in. The only decent lighting in the room was in the bathroom which you could not obviously use as there are no plugs.
I don't normally ever write reviews but I felt so let down after my first impressions of this hotel along with the price we paid and some of the fundamental things that the Titanic have got wrong. Also in the morning on check out when asked how our stay was, our response was negative but the staff on reception seemingly ignored this and continued to act like we had said it was the best hotel stay ever! We walked away from a hotel for the first time in a very long time feeling short changed, tired and very achy!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank kanni543
Vicki W, Guest Relations Manager at Titanic Hotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed back. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a great nights sleep. All hotel super king size beds are what is called zip and link, this means that the beds can be separated should the guest require into two full size single beds. Our beds are finished with a mattress topper so I apologise if this didn't offer you any further support. I have passed your comments onto our owners regarding the vanity mirror at the desk as we strive to deliver the best operation hotel as we can.

Once again thank you for your comments and renewed apologies.

Kind regards

Vicki Walberg

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Great new hotel - rooms huge with top class fittings and they have kept warehouse and dockland feel throughout with really clever design. Restaurant excellent food first class and lovely staff in lovely trendy uniforms (great touch). It's not right in the city centre and not much in surrounding area but worth a walk or short taxi ride. A great addition to liverpool waterfront & would definitely stay again - go take a look!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine P

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your review, such great comments and i am pleased you had a wonderful time with us. Stanley Dock is undergoing a regeneration program of which we are the pioneers so soon there will be lots going on here much like Albert Dock!

looking forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards

Vicki Walberg

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have just had a lovely stay at this hotel, staying in a dockside superior room. From the minute you walk through the doors into the hotel you are met by friendly staff and a feel that this hotel is something different. Although a new hotel they have kept the history of the old building alive. The original brickwork and steel structures left on show works fantastically. Although you can find history about the building on the internet it would have been nice to have had a folder in the room or bar area showing before and after photos and information about the work done to the building. We stayed for two nights and couldn't fault the quality of our room. Large room, comfy bed, view of the dockside, tea and coffee facility's and an amazing bathroom. Breakfast was a choice of Cereals, bread, fruit etc and a choice of cooked options. The only small criticism with our cooked breakfast was that they dont offer baked beans or cooked tomatoes but it was very well cooked. You can't stay at this hotel without having one of the cocktails. From looking through a window at the bottom end of the hotel we saw a stunning staircase but it was in part of a building we couldn't access although we were told if we would like a tour of the hotel it could be arranged. The only downside isn't with the hotel but it's location. It is a good 15/20 minute walk to get to the main attractions of liverpool. We used a taxi on a couple of times which cost between £5.50 and £7.00.

Room Tip: I don't think you would be disappointed in any of the rooms although we had dock side view which was lovely
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cosyfamily
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Fantastic luxury hotel. Best we have stayed in the UK. Booked superior Dockside view - room was huge!! Never heard any noise as the old walls are so thick. Aside from the awesome decor, it was the little things that impressed from the friendly staff, awesome chill out bar, quality breakfast to the luxury bathrobes and quality bed linen. If there was just one thing it would be the bathroom was small in comparison to the vast bedroom with no shelving to store toiletries. This aside we will most definitely be returning especially once the Spa opens. Quality hotel at very reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Gledsters
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

For a brand new hotel, the Titanic is doing so many things right! The rooms are absolutely stunning, spacious and very luxurious and the customer service is the best I've ever come across. Porters to meet you at the door and take your luggage, call you a taxi or simply stop for a chat is such a wonderful treat and really creates that luxurious yet welcoming ambiance. The only reason I couldn't give it 5 stars was due to a few little issues:
The hotel is still very understaffed and our hotel room hadn't been cleaned/tidied even by 6pm - although we were happy to let this slide and didn't bother me at all.
My main issue was with breakfast - as this is a new hotel I can see that they are still a little bit unsure how to run breakfast as there is a 'to order' menu that is not offered but can be asked for and everyone is automatically presumed to be having cold and hot buffet. The breakfast itself is delicious, the cooked buffet was fantastic! However, on the 2nd day we were there, we ordered off of the menu instead (pancakes and French toast) however the breakfast was never made and never arrived so we left feeling quite hungry. The hotel had already given us breakfast for free due to a late check in so this was not issue, but in future I'd like to see a more organised system - you either have a menu or you don't!
Overall this hotel is simply fantastic and I can't wait to book my next stay when the spa is finished! I would happily recommend this to anyone coming to Liverpool and the location is perfect!

Stayed: August 2014