“Very pleasant hotel, don't be put off by exterior”

Throstles Nest Hotel
Ranked #44 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very friendly staff, good breakfast, clean room. Don't be deceived by first appearance when you pull up - is not great on the outside and the area is a bit run down, but we felt safe in the hotel and walking into the city centre. As soon as you set foot through the reception the interior of the hotel is pleasant. The room was reasonable for the price, just big enough. Ideal for a budget break

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phillip B

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Booking a room for a weekend in Liverpool is always a nightmare, and we fortunately managed to find this room. It wasn't located smack bang in the centre, but it was close enough nonetheless. You might think when looking at the surrounding area that it is going to be a bit of a dive, but far from it.
Kevin is a legend. I spoke to him a couple of times leading up to our arrival, and he is a welcoming and top chap. As soon as we arrived, he was the perfect host, telling us about the best places to go in the city during the day and for a night out. There is secure parking at the petrol station next door, which only costs £3 for the night, but there is also on street parking too.
The guys at the pub next door are sound too. The breakfast was great, plenty of choice, from full english to continental.
Overall, I would definately recommend this place.

P.S. Ask Kevin about his photo - as an LFC fan, it's just fascinating!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank vikkac1980
Reviewed 9 July 2012

From the minute I booked with Kevin I got 1st class service, he called me up and asked if we had been to Liverpool before and gave me a few tips for our travels!

Upon arrival Kevin checked us in promptly and ensured everything was in order! The rooms themselves are great, clean and spacious with one of the best showers I have been in!

The downstairs bar was full of the locals and made u feel right at home, the bar staff were top notch & the drink was very reasonably priced! Breakfast was a treat and everything you could ask for was there!

Overall this hotel is a hidden gem, it may look run down and in a rough are but be assured you get 5 star service from some of the nicest people I have ever met! All of my group agree we will return and stay again!

Cheers Kevin & the staff at the Throstles nest

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank GeordieJock23
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great rooms great service very nice staff a group of 8 ladies stayed and we were very well looked after.we will def go back

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Marapp
Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

Nothing to much trouble for the owners and staff ... Breakfast ... Oh the Breakfast FANTASTIC Everything you can think of Superb !

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank DRPBurtononTrent
Reviewed 7 June 2012

we were at the door by the manager kevin who gave us a very warm welcome.The hotel was clean rooms were spotless plenty of tea coffee etc. Great breakfast lovely staff. It was about a fifteen minute walk to the city centre. It was raining so Kevin got us a taxi. In six months time the goverment is starting a 150 million Regenaration Project. Will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kevin d
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We chose the Throstles Nest because of the favorable reviews on this site, but would not stay there again. The hotel is located in a questionable neighborhood at some distance from the downtown on a non-walkable highway. Our room was small and overly warm with a tiny bathroom. The shower door barely closed with my husband in there, and any untoward movement risked bumping the taps and dramatically changing the water temperature. The hotel is located over a loud and unpleasant bar, which converts into not altogether successfully into the breakfast room. The owner is very nice -- with great recommendations of things to see and do, but I think I'd stay elsewhere if I ever return to Liverpool.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barkelby
Romeo45, Owner at Throstles Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy our hotel but cannot understand why you did not inform me of your problems while you were talking to me.
I would like to add that all guests are told on arrival to phone zero for reception and we will sort out any problems for them.
All of our rooms' heating is controlled by the guests in their rooms, we also have large windows that open.
All the showers are a standard size.
You can walk to the heart of the city centre from our Hotel in 15 minutes and this is a direct route along Scotland road itself.
The area is undergoing a £150 Million pound regeneration programme at the moment and the pub next door is a family pub where many of the hotel guests have had a wonderful time before going into the city which is £3.20 in a cab and takes about 4-5 minutes max.