“Going to Kenya With the Help of Throstles Nest Hotel!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Throstles Nest Hotel

Throstles Nest Hotel
Ranked #40 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Going to Kenya With the Help of Throstles Nest Hotel!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

OH! Where do I start! I arrived at Throstles Nest late Wednesday night, with the intentions of going to the passport office for 8.30a.m the following morning, to collect a 'premium, one day service' passport URGENTLY as I was due to travel the following Tuesday (TODAY :-)!)
If it hadn't been for Leah, I would not have been going at all! My TWO alarm clocks did not go off, My taxi ( Booked by Mick in my presence, the previous night) did not arrive! I missed breakfast and Leah my guardian Angel saved the day! She phoned my room to ask if I wanted the taxi re-booking (As I had not arrived for my early breakfast) she thought I'd changed my mind. 8.09 A.M! MY appointment was in 20 Minutes! If I didn't make it I couldn't go to Kenya. Leah took me to the passport office herself after the taxi failed to turn up again!!!! Mick who had just gone to bed from being night watchman got out of bed and manned the reception !!!
When I arrived back Leah made me a wonderful bacon and sausage sarny 'to put me on' even though the Kitchen was closed. I was told not to rush to check out, so I had the lazy shower I had missed earlier! OOOO I could go on for ever!
EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF STAFF that I spoke to was friendly and more than helpful. The poached eggs ARE WOW!!! evwrything about the Throstle Hotel was over and above what i expected. It was like home from home with Excellent SERVICE!! Clean rooms! Spotless white sheets, extra pillows and throws! Extra fan heater! Hotel is traditionally furnished and decorated and is well kept and spotless. I will DEFINITELY go back!
If it hadn't been for Leahs kindness and Micks generosity at re-manning the reception, I would not be going to Kenya today!
So THANKS GUYS! EACH AND EVERYONE! Thanks for the hugs when I was crying as my day went from bad to worse! Ultimately, what was an horrendous 2 days, was made very much less stressful because of the fantastic hospitality and friendliness of everyone at the THROSTLE NEST!!! CHEERS!!!
Love Janet
I even got an email from Kev and Leah, congratulating me on receiving my daughter's passport, against all odds,in time too.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the location! Kev gives you a great deal if you phone the Hotel direct! Leah...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank janet H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Kevin and all the staff were very helpful throughout our three day visit. Our room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. The breakfast over the three days was of a very good standard with the poached eggs done to perfection as three days in a row will testify! The hotel was well located central to the city and Goodison Park. I would definitely recommend the hotel and my wife and I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mark D
Cork city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

would reccomend this guest house i have stayed in many places in liverpool but this has being the best.the staff wer so accomodating and the rooms were very clean..il b staying here in future its very near d city centre which makes it perfect..

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jamesymull
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

It was our first time to Liverpool for a girls night out, the staff were ever so friendly & helpful. Arranging us cabs & giving us a map of the best places to go. The rooms are a tad outdated but they do there job. Check out was at 10:30am but the owner knew we hadn't got home until late so left us to have a lay in at no extra cost which was wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone who just wants a cheap & cheerful place to get there head down whilst partying in Liverpool! Be seeing you again soon

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Bearzy
Cork City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Would definitely recommend felt very welcome and staff were extremely helpful on all accounts very near city centre which is always a plus.Hygiene also very good.If staying would advise to ring or email to get a good deal.

• Stayed January 2014
Banbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have just come back from a fantastic weekend at the Throstles Nest Hotel. Kevin the hotel owner helped us make my son's 16th birthday a truly memorable one by helping us to get Liverpool tickets. The hotel rooms are a good size, very clean with a nice LCD TV. The hotel is in an excellent location a 15 minute walk to Anfield and a taxi ride into the city which the hotel arranged for us and was only £3 or £4. It was all so easy with every Liverpudlian being full of knowledge about their fabulous city. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and will be returning again. If you want to book it is best to book direct with Kevin at the hotel. He was brilliant. Thank you Kevin and Karen x

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbiestirling2014
Ystalyfera, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had such a warm welcome at this hotel and the management couldn't help enough. Our room was basic but clean and comfortable. We went as two family groups. Room 104 has a kingsized bed and looked the nicer of the two rooms. Room 107 was a bit smaller with twin single beds and a small bathroom with tiny shower. We chose the hotel because we had a good deal for two nights and the men wanted to walk to Anfield to watch Liverpool play on New Year's day. The walk into town meant that this wasn't an ideal spot for the city centre but taxis are plentiful and the hotel will book one for you wherever you want to go. If you don't want to get up for breakfast (I'm told it was very good) they will bring two bacon sandwiches to your room if you let them know you want it. Breakfast was served until 9.30 but we are not early risers. The exterior of this hotel looks run down and so does the surrounding area. There is a pub next door, which is part of the hotel and this is fine for one or two. It was quiet and welcoming. There is security in the door of the hotel with face recognition before you get let in. The hotel could do with a refurb but all in all I would definitely go back if the price was right. There are negative things that could be said about this hotel but everyone was so nice it would be a shame to be anything but positive and the positives outweighed the negatives anyway. Great for a short stay. Liverpool is a wonderful city full of the friendliest of people. We have had several day trips there but this was our first overnight stay. There are plenty of shops, 450 pubs and restaurants, plenty of things to see and Albert Dock is very nice. You should visit!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family