“Aintree Weekend”

Throstles Nest Hotel
Ranked #45 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great hotel overall. Good location in relation to city centre (2 Min taxi trip readily available) as well as Anfield and Goodison Park. Rooms, breakfast and especially staff all excellent. Will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Niall T

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Thanks again Kevin and all the staff you were all wonderful as usual.
If you want a good hotel for Football,sightseeing or shopping look no further than THROSTLES
This is about the tenth time we have stopped here and we cannot fault it, very reasonabley priced, clean rooms and a good breakfast.
All the staff etc nothing is to much trouble to make your stay something to remember

Room Tip: Book early people come back time after time
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was working at one of the terminals by the docks and needed a place that was not too far away to stay overnight. The reviews I had read online talked about the Throstles Nest in glowing terms, the price seemed reasonable and it was very near to the works so I decided to give it a try.

I arrived fairly late on a dark and rainy night and as I stood on the pavement looking up at the hotel, the thought went through my head "Oh dear, what have I let myself in for". The ground floor windows were battened down what looked like industrial style security blinds as though ready for a full scale attack. Don't be fooled by appearances.

What a wonderful surprise awaited me inside. The place was warm and welcoming while managing to maintain a comfortably professional air. My room was clean and well provisioned with a king sized bed and spotless en-suite. The breakfast was as good if not better than many I have had in much more expensive hotels.
The heart of the hotel however is most definitely in the staff. Very rarely have I come across such friendly and caring hotel staff who were so willing and eager to ensure that my stay really did give me all the comforts and warmth of home.
And to top it all, the WiFi connected first time every time and was like lightening - very rare in most hotels.
I would like to express my thanks at being treated so warmly and kindly. Well done.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 18 February 2014

OH! Where do I start! I arrived at Throstles Nest late Wednesday night, with the intentions of going to the passport office for 8.30a.m the following morning, to collect a 'premium, one day service' passport URGENTLY as I was due to travel the following Tuesday (TODAY :-)!)
If it hadn't been for Leah, I would not have been going at all! My TWO alarm clocks did not go off, My taxi ( Booked by Mick in my presence, the previous night) did not arrive! I missed breakfast and Leah my guardian Angel saved the day! She phoned my room to ask if I wanted the taxi re-booking (As I had not arrived for my early breakfast) she thought I'd changed my mind. 8.09 A.M! MY appointment was in 20 Minutes! If I didn't make it I couldn't go to Kenya. Leah took me to the passport office herself after the taxi failed to turn up again!!!! Mick who had just gone to bed from being night watchman got out of bed and manned the reception !!!
When I arrived back Leah made me a wonderful bacon and sausage sarny 'to put me on' even though the Kitchen was closed. I was told not to rush to check out, so I had the lazy shower I had missed earlier! OOOO I could go on for ever!
EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF STAFF that I spoke to was friendly and more than helpful. The poached eggs ARE WOW!!! evwrything about the Throstle Hotel was over and above what i expected. It was like home from home with Excellent SERVICE!! Clean rooms! Spotless white sheets, extra pillows and throws! Extra fan heater! Hotel is traditionally furnished and decorated and is well kept and spotless. I will DEFINITELY go back!
If it hadn't been for Leahs kindness and Micks generosity at re-manning the reception, I would not be going to Kenya today!
So THANKS GUYS! EACH AND EVERYONE! Thanks for the hugs when I was crying as my day went from bad to worse! Ultimately, what was an horrendous 2 days, was made very much less stressful because of the fantastic hospitality and friendliness of everyone at the THROSTLE NEST!!! CHEERS!!!
Love Janet
I even got an email from Kev and Leah, congratulating me on receiving my daughter's passport, against all odds,in time too.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the location! Kev gives you a great deal if you phone the Hotel direct! Leah...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank janet H
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Kevin and all the staff were very helpful throughout our three day visit. Our room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. The breakfast over the three days was of a very good standard with the poached eggs done to perfection as three days in a row will testify! The hotel was well located central to the city and Goodison Park. I would definitely recommend the hotel and my wife and I will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 10 February 2014

would reccomend this guest house i have stayed in many places in liverpool but this has being the best.the staff wer so accomodating and the rooms were very clean..il b staying here in future its very near d city centre which makes it perfect..

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Jamesymull
Reviewed 9 February 2014

It was our first time to Liverpool for a girls night out, the staff were ever so friendly & helpful. Arranging us cabs & giving us a map of the best places to go. The rooms are a tad outdated but they do there job. Check out was at 10:30am but the owner knew we hadn't got home until late so left us to have a lay in at no extra cost which was wonderful. I would recommend it to anyone who just wants a cheap & cheerful place to get there head down whilst partying in Liverpool! Be seeing you again soon

• Stayed: February 2014