“Jean-Pierre, The right place to be in Liverpool!”

Throstles Nest Hotel
Ranked #42 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Sainte Radegonde, France
“Jean-Pierre, The right place to be in Liverpool!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My english is not good enough to explain the feeling i have when i go to the magnificent city of Liverpool and the fact that we stay at the Throstles Nest Hotel, the right place to be. This Hotel has the old England charm with all the modern comfort, everything is clean and the staff is great. Very nice people are managing this place, very helpful, always ready to give you good advices. And the atmosphere is so quiet, it's really like a nest! In less five minutes you are in the city center because you have a bus stop just in front of the hotel, it is so easy and so many places must be visited in this fantastic, historical and cultural city of Liverpool. This city is so lively! so many things to tell, but my last word will be about the breakfast, a true english breakfast, just go to try it! Many thanks again to Kevin and his team, see you next year!

Room Tip: all the rooms are comfortables
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jean-pierre m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great hotel overall. Good location in relation to city centre (2 Min taxi trip readily available) as well as Anfield and Goodison Park. Rooms, breakfast and especially staff all excellent. Will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Niall T
skelton
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Thanks again Kevin and all the staff you were all wonderful as usual.
If you want a good hotel for Football,sightseeing or shopping look no further than THROSTLES
This is about the tenth time we have stopped here and we cannot fault it, very reasonabley priced, clean rooms and a good breakfast.
All the staff etc nothing is to much trouble to make your stay something to remember

Room Tip: Book early people come back time after time
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was working at one of the terminals by the docks and needed a place that was not too far away to stay overnight. The reviews I had read online talked about the Throstles Nest in glowing terms, the price seemed reasonable and it was very near to the works so I decided to give it a try.

I arrived fairly late on a dark and rainy night and as I stood on the pavement looking up at the hotel, the thought went through my head "Oh dear, what have I let myself in for". The ground floor windows were battened down what looked like industrial style security blinds as though ready for a full scale attack. Don't be fooled by appearances.

What a wonderful surprise awaited me inside. The place was warm and welcoming while managing to maintain a comfortably professional air. My room was clean and well provisioned with a king sized bed and spotless en-suite. The breakfast was as good if not better than many I have had in much more expensive hotels.
The heart of the hotel however is most definitely in the staff. Very rarely have I come across such friendly and caring hotel staff who were so willing and eager to ensure that my stay really did give me all the comforts and warmth of home.
And to top it all, the WiFi connected first time every time and was like lightening - very rare in most hotels.
I would like to express my thanks at being treated so warmly and kindly. Well done.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian C
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

OH! Where do I start! I arrived at Throstles Nest late Wednesday night, with the intentions of going to the passport office for 8.30a.m the following morning, to collect a 'premium, one day service' passport URGENTLY as I was due to travel the following Tuesday (TODAY :-)!)
If it hadn't been for Leah, I would not have been going at all! My TWO alarm clocks did not go off, My taxi ( Booked by Mick in my presence, the previous night) did not arrive! I missed breakfast and Leah my guardian Angel saved the day! She phoned my room to ask if I wanted the taxi re-booking (As I had not arrived for my early breakfast) she thought I'd changed my mind. 8.09 A.M! MY appointment was in 20 Minutes! If I didn't make it I couldn't go to Kenya. Leah took me to the passport office herself after the taxi failed to turn up again!!!! Mick who had just gone to bed from being night watchman got out of bed and manned the reception !!!
When I arrived back Leah made me a wonderful bacon and sausage sarny 'to put me on' even though the Kitchen was closed. I was told not to rush to check out, so I had the lazy shower I had missed earlier! OOOO I could go on for ever!
EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF STAFF that I spoke to was friendly and more than helpful. The poached eggs ARE WOW!!! evwrything about the Throstle Hotel was over and above what i expected. It was like home from home with Excellent SERVICE!! Clean rooms! Spotless white sheets, extra pillows and throws! Extra fan heater! Hotel is traditionally furnished and decorated and is well kept and spotless. I will DEFINITELY go back!
If it hadn't been for Leahs kindness and Micks generosity at re-manning the reception, I would not be going to Kenya today!
So THANKS GUYS! EACH AND EVERYONE! Thanks for the hugs when I was crying as my day went from bad to worse! Ultimately, what was an horrendous 2 days, was made very much less stressful because of the fantastic hospitality and friendliness of everyone at the THROSTLE NEST!!! CHEERS!!!
Love Janet
I even got an email from Kev and Leah, congratulating me on receiving my daughter's passport, against all odds,in time too.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the location! Kev gives you a great deal if you phone the Hotel direct! Leah...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank janet H
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Kevin and all the staff were very helpful throughout our three day visit. Our room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. The breakfast over the three days was of a very good standard with the poached eggs done to perfection as three days in a row will testify! The hotel was well located central to the city and Goodison Park. I would definitely recommend the hotel and my wife and I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark D
Cork city
Reviewed 10 February 2014

would reccomend this guest house i have stayed in many places in liverpool but this has being the best.the staff wer so accomodating and the rooms were very clean..il b staying here in future its very near d city centre which makes it perfect..

• Stayed January 2014