“#5 in Liverpool?? Rubbish. But a good cheap hotel.”

Throstles Nest Hotel
Ranked #45 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Stayed here for one night before a Liverpool game. The rooms are clean and a good size, the service friendly, the breakfast a bit greasy but OK. The location is very dodgy and a ways out of the downtown. Don't be fooled by the high ranking--this is not the fifth-best hotel in Liverpool. But if you want a cheap stay with some friendly owners and don't mind the location this should suit your needs.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 February 2009

I booked this hotel for my son. He traveled to Liverpool to go to the soccer game between Liverpool and Chealsa. This was the first time he had traveled internationally and by himself. The manager of hotel, Kevin, e-mailed me to assure me that my son would be taken care of, told how to get to the game (it is in walking distance of the stadium). Kevin also called my home here in the U.S. to reassure me that everything would be ok with my son.

My son has e-mailed me from Liverpool and said that the breakfast that is served is great, the room is very nice and everyone is so friendly and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance to Anfield Stadium, taxi's are easy and getting around not a problem. My son said Kevin has been so good to him with directions, helping him in anyway possible so that his stay is an enjoyable one.

To me, anyone that goes that above and beyond to help a guest, make sure they are comfortable, help with directions and call internationally to reassure me everything will be ok. That is the kind of place I want to stay. Not to mention my son, Michael, says the place is very clean, the food is good, the rooms are very nice and he has e-mailed me several times because they have free internet service for their customers.

So I would say if your going to Liverpool and looking for a place to stay I would highly recommend the Throstle's Nest.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2009

From the moment we entered the Throstles Nest Hotel, we were immediately greeted by Kevin,who was so helpful with all we needed to know for our stay in Liverpool,from bus numbers to and from city centre,maps,shopping Centres,watering Holes and places to eat... and this was all before we where shown our room..!!
Exactly what we were looking for,as it was our first visit to liverpool in Years.

The Rooms were spacious and really warm and cosy ( makes a change to some places I`ve stayed in... ).
Even though we had a Room to the side of the Building,you wouldnt think that you were staying near a busy road..

To top all of that off I have to pay my compliaments to the Kitchen Staff who slaved over the fantastic breakfast we got,an abundance of food and really really tasty!!

The Icing on the Cake has to be the cost of a stay in the Throstles!! Excellent value for Money!!

Thanks to Kevin and Staff for making our stay so enjoyable and would definately recommend the Throstles Nest Hotel for a relaxing,friendly and enjoyable stay.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 28 January 2009

Even though this place boasts about its closeness to Anfiled it is not worth staying here.

Stay in the centre, enjoy the town and pick a decent hotel.

Surrounding area is very dodgy and nothing is near

Stayed: January 2009
2  Thank mrchips2222
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Our stay at the Throstles nest was just lovely - we have stayed in 2 rooms - both comfortable, clean and spacious with excellent shower! Kevin - the patron was helpfulness itself and couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast was fab - a million teas and jams and the dining room was comfortable, spacious and interesting.

I don't know why people found the area worth complaining about - it was clean, friendly and quiet and just down the road on a Saturday is a massive street market , so we went home with twice as much as we arrived with!!

I would highly recommend the Throstles nest to anyone on a visit to Liverpool and we will certainly go back there again..

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We needed late accomodation for a Liverpool FC match and booked for 2 nights at the Throstles Nest.

Our room was clean, tidy and warm and backed up with a fantastic full cooked breakfast included in the price both mornings.

Only a 15min walk to Anfield and although the surrounds were fairly grey, was a fine place to stay for what we needed for the weekend. Staff were excellent and Kevin was a massive help on both helping with car parking at the local garage and advice on where to drink pre-game and also tours to check out in Liverpool the next day (Beatles etc).

Would defintely recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2008

Had a great stay at the throstles nest,Kevin was very helpful ,also all the staff were very willing to attend to our needs.The breakfast was very tasty,over-all really enjoyable time was had by me and my friend,will definetely be returning in the new year.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends