“fantastic birthday”

Malmaison Liverpool
Ranked #37 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Stayed at the Liverpool Mal to celebrate my birthday with my closest friends. The reception area is lovely, check in quick and reception staff very friendly. Rooms were lovely, didnt have a river view but was not bothered about this. The bathrooms were lovely,plenty of toiletries etc. One negative thing was though bit of a stain on the carpet and bits of dust on the lightshades but i can live with that. The beds were lovely, very comfortable. We were on a deal so had to spend seventy five pounds per room, we went to eat at the brasserie. My starter wasnt very big, although it was very nice, however I was glad when my fish and chunky chips arrived, as the fish was massive. The meal was absolutely lovely, I couldngt even finish it. One small negative though my vodka and tonic wasnt all that nice, I had the house vodka, would have a named one next time. One small other observation though is beware the Brasserie and bar areas are very dark and moody, but nice of you like that type of thing. We went out into town, receptionist ordered us a taxi, which came riight away. Returned to the hotel after being out, was greeted by a bouncer type security guard who asked if we wher staying there, unfortunately the bar was closed so dont expect late drink, however there is twenty four hour room service. Check out next day was fine. I would recommned staying here on the deal we had, it was well worth it and I cant wait to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LIVERPOOLFLEA

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here whilst in Liverpool on Business.
Receiptionists were really nice and helpful, very nice reception area with plenty of comfy chairs for just chillin.
The room was very nice, with a view over the water, really nice shower and a very comfy bed. The foom had plenty of freebies in it that they encourage you to take home.
The bar was nice and relaxed, even though it was table service.
The restaurant was clean and and tidy, and the staff were all happy to help. The food was very nice and served reasonably quickly.
All in all a very pleasant stay.
The quite dark refers to the decor, all very nicely done, but just a bit dark for my taste's.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank NJF1
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We are big fans of the Malmaison chain and this was our first trip to the Malmaison in Liverpool and we were not diappointed. The reception area is very welcoming and the staff were really friendly and helpful. It is an easy 10 minute walk from the centre of Liverpool. The Superior Room was a really good size with a king size bed and a fabulous bathroom with walk in monsoon shower and huge bath tub which was big enough for two. The bathroom makes clever use of little space.
Our meal in the Brasserie was excellent, a little disappointed by the wine but the meal itself and the Dessert Cocktails more than made up for this. The service was also excellent and we had a very relaxed and enjoyable meal.
The only negative I could say about the room was the rather unglamourous blind covering the window it just looked too cheap and out of place with the rest of the room.
Overall I would highly recommend and we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beanster123
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend. The place is stunning!!! Staff go out of their way to make sure your happy from walking in to checking out.
Bar is fab and if you love cocktails then you have to stay here!
Your treated like a truly valued customer by real professionals.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Jojo165
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Have just returned from a fabulous weekend staying at this hotel in Liverpool. Hotel was in a great location right on the waterfront a 10 min walk from Albert dock and Liverpool One. We had a great two night B and B deal with dinner and wine included on the first night. The dinner menu was fine as was the Sauvingnon Blanc we chose to accompany our food. The accomodation was excellent, lovely fixtures and fittings in the room and we had a great view from the 5th floor over the waterfront. Breakfast was delicious and consisted of all the fresh produce you would expect of a hotel of this standard.The staff were friendly and efficient , nothing too much trouble! My friend and I were complete tourists for the weekend and had a fantastastic time in the wonderful city of Liverpool. Will certainly be back and stay here in Malmaison again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LizzieB6
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I've just tried to arrange a gift (champagne) for my brother and his wife who are due to be staying at the Liverpool Mal this weekend to celebrate an anniversary.
I was told that company policy prevents payment being taken over the phone and that I would have to complete an emailed authorisation form plus send scanned/copied both sides of my credit card. It just seems crazy. You can literally buy anything from anywhere in the world over the phone or web with a credit card - so why not champagne in Liverpool?

Staff were polite as expected but constrained by a ridiculous corporate policy.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Fantastic hotel. Lovely staff and some good offers. The only complaint is that the red wine is cold and not room temperature. It really spoils the taste. It's like drinking warm beer...it's just not right!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple