“Best ever wedding”

Malmaison Liverpool
Ranked #37 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just got back from a weekend at Malmaison Liverpool where we celebrated our daughters wedding. What a weekend, we could not have been treated better. The wedding went without a hitch mainly due to fantastic staff at the hotel. Our guests who stayed over all agreed what a great place and our family from Canada were suitably impressed. the food at the wedding and throughout the week end was fabulous, the staff were great nothing was too much trouble. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel both as a place to stay and a wedding venue. Again a big thank you to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Great hotel,in a great location, but let down by simple service issues you should experience with a hotel of this standard. Had to chase the kitchen of Saturday morning to start the breakfest service after we turned up at the advertised time. They did not clean our room on the second day because we wanted to get back into it around 3pm. Silly things let this down and really smacks of a place that is all substance, but can't follow through on its service

Room Tip: Get a room facing forward. No pool or spa facilities
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is on one of the quays and looks out over the river, some rooms have wonderful views. The hotel is modern in design and very comfortable and cosy inside. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. Our room was great, a lovely big bed and a luxurious shower - both of which you expect from Hdv and malmaison. Breakfast was yummy, again as you'd expect, can't wait to return to Liverpool and stay here again.

Car parking is directly opposite the hotel and costs £10 for each 24 hours you stay.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stay at this hotel regularly - everything is always to a high standard , staff helpful, food excellent etc. However a recurring issue we always have is the playing of loud music "background" in the restaurant area, particularly at breakfast. I really don't want to hear the verve as I am trying to enjoy a bacon muffin. Clearly if we are in the minority and the majority of guests like musical accompaniment whilst dining I will bow to democracy but please, please can malmaison at least gauge the opinion of guests. We have had the same issue at hotel du vin as well and although it may seem perdantic it is becoming very annoying !

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here as a birthday treat and even though we'd read great reviews and looked at the website, it doesn't quite portray how beautiful this hotel is. It's decor is fantastic and our room, although small, was stunning with dual aspect views of the dock and luxurious bathroom. We had both dinner and breakfast in the hotel and both meals were fantastic, we also got a free cocktail voucher. The service from the restaurant staff was superb. The best prices are on the hotel website itself, I found comparison websites to be about 20% more which meant we could upgrade to a superior king (has a fancier bathroom and worth it!) for the budget we had in mind. We will definitely be staying again!!

Room Tip: Room 218 I think had the dual aspect which had better views than any other room on the 2nd floor for...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

This was my 4th visit to a Malmaison and I continue to be impressed by how sexy and quirky these hotels are !
I stayed on a Sunday night with my friend. We had a nice girlie afternoon in Liverpool shopping and having a spa treatment and checked in the hotel around 5pm. Check in was fast, efficient and friendly and we had a lovely large twin bedroom with the usual sexy colours & lighting associated Malmaison and a fantastic bathroom with a large jacuzzi bath & a separate wet room shower. There was also a pleasant view of the river with a huge cruise ship docked. We had drinks in The Plum Bar - nice comfy chairs & waiter service. We also ate in the restaurant and alongside the a la carte menu they also had an impressive specials board. The food was of a good standard with friendly helpful staff. Breakfast was lovely the following morning and so nice for a hotel to offer a menu for hot breakfast and serve you at your table - no queuing choosing the best bit of bacon & putting your bread in the toasting machine 3 times to get it the desired colour ! Overall a lovely stay and I will be back !

Reviewed 19 September 2013

As business traveller, I do know a thing or two about a good hotel. limited by company budget, I often have to compromise, as much as I would like to stay in five star hotels.
This one came up with a great offer, and with so many hotel chains and brands, I was not familiar with this brand.
The hotel is on the waterfront.

After a very busy day at the nearby convention centre, a windy and wet day outside, entering the lobby made me think of an oasis. Very warming and tranquil feel with that fireplace in the middle of the lobby.
I had a drink in the bar, and the crowd in there was quite young, professional and trendy.

Reception staff could have been trained a little better.
I had to ask about car parking, as the car park in the rear is NOT for hotel guests, even so it says 'Malmaison' at the bays.
Absolutely loved the bathroom, a walk-in shower and a huge bathtub restored my batteries.

Seriously good size amenities - couldn't resist taking the remainder of this nice scented body lotion with me....
The decor and facilities in my room pointed to some serious good and a bit quirky thought process by the designer. The little messages made me smile.

All those mirrors placed in strategic positions around the room, and little thoughtful female touches made me think there could have been female designers and/ or managers at work here.
I liked the low lighting, dark and purple colours- it did it for me.

Pleasantly surprised by Liverpool, and I may stay an extra day next time.
And my PA will definitely deserve her pay raise....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business