“Dirty rooms plus sink and bathroom drains clogged with hair”

Malmaison Liverpool
Ranked #35 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Dirty rooms plus sink and bathroom drains clogged with hair”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Liverpool is the 3rd Malmaison I've stayed in and the first one that has disappointed. Dimmed lighting not dim enough to hide the accumulated dust in my room (and the corridors). Worst though was drains clogged with hair in my sink and shower on my arrival. Thought cleaners would sort but obviously not bothered. When I complained receptionist response was "but did you report it". No apology and an attitude of not bothered. At dinner the waiter took my fish back to the Kitchen as the centre was completely raw and actually cold. The guest next to me had the liver she ordered sent that back for the same reason. Checked out in the morning one day earlier to move to a clean hotel only to be told that I had to pay for the night as they have a 24 hour cancellation policy. So £100 pounds poorer I left to check into the Raddisson.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean one
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
North West Great Britain
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Big thanks to Sharon for sorting the annual Christmas dinner for the Merseyside Army Benevolent Fund Committee. Zero hassle, superb service, mission accomplished, medals issued!
reinforces my affection for Mal Liverpool, both for dining and staying.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear ShocknAwe, Thank you for an excellent rating. We are delighted you enjoyed the annual Christmas dinner in our hotel and we are so proud that we were the one to host this special event. Hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.
Uk
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed for two nights in the Malmaison. Our room was spacious and well equipped with hair dryer, iron and ironing board, coffee making facilities. The bed was large, with high quality lined and down pillows. The bathroom had a huge bath the filled quickly, toiletries are provided and the walk in shower was powerful (always a winner!).

Staff were friendly and attentive. We ate in the restaurant on the first night the food was of a high standard. Cocktails in the bar are also recommended as is the breakfast which has a wide choice ranging from English breakfast to waffles and maple syrup.

Well located for the Albert Docks and only a ten minute walk from Liverpool one.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Travelchick-UK, thank you for your fabulous post, we are so pleased that our food was of a high standard and breakfast - excellent choice. Looking forward to your return in the future.
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay at Malmaison, food lovely, warm friendly staff. We were looked after by Sharon Simons and will definitely be coming back again. My son loved the bath and the shower and had one after the other and two big baths before we left. It was nicest hotel in Liverpool and I have stayed in long time

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Cannon06, we are so pleased to read that we are the nicest of all the hotels you have stayed in a long time. Thank you for taking your time to post such a fantastic review. We are glad that Sharon has helped to enhance your experience at Mal Liverpool - she is thrilled too!! Looking forward to your return soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We had a great stay at the Malmaison Liverpool, hotel location is excellent and we had a lovely meal there on our first night. Room was well equipped and the bathroom was fascinating with its deep bath and separate rain shower. We had a water view which added to the charm, although Liverpool's architecture is well worth looking at.
However when we returned home late that evening, I realised to my dismay that I had left my jewellery in the open safe in the hotel room at 10am in the morning. I was devastated not only was the jewellery of significant value but it had a great deal of sentimental value. We rang the hotel immediately and I was enormously relieved and delighted that the jewellery had been handed in to their lost property personnel. Reception and the deputy general manager were extremely helpful and they organised the boxes to be sent registered post to me, which has happened and they arrived today. I understand that the jewellery was handed in by a maintenance engineer, Robby, who was servicing the room and I am truly grateful.
We will return to Liverpool, as it is a great city and we will definitely return to the wonderful Malmaison.

Room Tip: Water view was very good.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvonne H
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Yvonne H, Wow! We are so glad that Robby has helped to return your precious belongings to you and that it has helped to enhance your experience at Mal Liverpool. Your comments about our rooms, Brasserie and Reception are very much appreciated and we will pass them on to our hard working teams. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to stay with us, you will have to let us know next time you make a trip up to the 'pool!
Paris, France
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have a well travelled palate which is typically hard to impress so I was very pleased when Sharon Simons insisted I visit the Malmaison Brasserie Liverpool to sample the A/W menu a few months back. I found it to be unmatchable in many areas: location, decor and delicious food. Iconic dishes are prepared with a modern twist and served with passion and personality, including sublime steaks, the awesome MalBurger, locally inspired blackboard specials and a mouth-watering wine list. Its Autumn Winter Menu is no exception. Sample the roasted autumn squash with grilled red onion and pearlbarley or the pumpkin, tallegio, walnuts and sage risotto – perfectly prepared, filling food to keep you warm during the winter months.

Thank you Sharon for looking after myself and my guest. Always a pleasure! Lee. x

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Lee, we are so happy that Sharon, our sales manager convinced you to come and try our mouth-watering, delicious and so tempting Al-Carte menu. Our chefs are so thrilled for such a fantastic feedback. Looking forward to your return.
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Wonderful stay. Lovely view overlooking the river. Very comfortable beds. Clean room. Hip bar, not too busy. Good service all round. A bit of a walk to bars in main town but nice to be out of the way from it all.
Highly recommend, will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
FutureMrcC2015, wonderful post. Thank you for tsking your time. We can't wait to welcome you back again.