“Exceptional Service”

Malmaison Liverpool
Ranked #37 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Because of the exceptional service I received when staying over at this Hotel, I now refer all my clients there and conduct all 'confidential' business meetings in their private dining area. Whilst the building and decor is impressive, it's the staff that make it so appealing. Sharon (Simons),in particular, is a credit to the 'Mal' brand.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Gareth, Thank you for recognizing the hotel exceptional service, impressive décor and the staff, particularly Sharon, who made your business meetings even more enjoyable. Looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I've always been a massive fan of the Liverpool Mal, not for staying at (I live a short walk away) but for the bar and brassiere. Both of which, in my humble opinion, I believe to be up there with the best. Following a re-fit, the Mal Bar is looking better than ever before. We were lucky enough to have been invited to the re-launch and have visited twice since. The service, atmosphere and drinks are always of a high standard. Always enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Paul, Thank you for taking you time to post such a great feedback on our new Mal Bar, we totally love our new design, colors and atmosphere. Our new classic menu has been launched this week and we would be delighted to welcome you back again to indulge in our new selection of cuisine and exotic cocktails.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited Malmaison in January this year. I was due to give birth in February so this was our last date as a two! We checked in and I was literally blown away with the service we received from Sharon Simons. She looked after us from the minute we checked in, the room we were given was gorgeous! (I'm actually thinking of copying the decor for my bedroom now). Deep purples and black, loved the velvet floor standing headboards! The shower room was more like a wetroom but had everything we needed and all the complimentary toiletries on offer :-).

I couldn't drink so mocktails were on the cards for me, so we had these at the bar which we're just delicious! We dined in the Brasserie and again we were greeted and looked after by Sharon! Fantastic customer service and we've booked to stay again in May, with a room with a cot this time!!

Stayed: January 2014

Dear Bahia-Connor, Thank you for your impressive 5 star feedback. We are delighted that you were impressed with the service you received from Sharon. We are happy that you enjoyed the comfort, design of our rooms. We hope our delicious Malchemy cocktails will be on the cards when returning to the hotel in May, and we can’t wait to meet and greet your new addition to your family.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Despite Living in Liverpool, so not needing to stay at a hotel in the city, I frequently return to the Liverpool Mal for laid-back luxurious cocktail-fueled nights in their friendly, unpretentious bar. Ever since I moved to Liverpool, Sharon Simons, the Mal's Sales Manager, has made me feel incredibly welcome at the hotel's popular bar, recommending cocktails that have gone on to become firm favourites and even introducing me to new contacts in the city who have become good friends. I have some very happy memories of nights spent drinking with friends at the Plum Bar, so was slightly nervous when I heard that it was about to undergo a makeover. However, a major investment in the bar has simply made a good thing better and I'm looking forward to making more Mal memories. I know people don't always make the effort to check out hotel bars unless they're staying as guests, but in my view some of Liverpool's best & friendliest bars can be found within hotels & this one is well worth a visit if you haven't already been.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
MalmaisonLiverpool, Manager at Malmaison Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Emma, Thank you for your amazing 5 star review. We are delighted to read that our re-launched Mal Bar is looking better than ever, we totally agree with you. We are so happy that our investment, new ideas and décor has made a great experience for you and hopefully for many other guests. Sharon is thrilled at your comments and we are glad she has made your visit so memorable and special. Hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at the Malmaison Liverpool on Valentine's Night,room was amazing overlooking the river, staff were very welcoming hotel bar was spectacular, the breakfast was lovely fresh with plenty of choice. I would highly recommend this hotel + will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Claire, Thank you for your lovely post and high recommendation. We are extremely glad that you had a fantastic Valentine’s Night. Keep an eye on our upcoming packages. Looking forward to you return.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've stopped here a couple of times and usually am really impressed with the Mal. I really do like the wittiness of the place and the staff are friendly. However, this time we stopped we had a few issues that I didn't expect for £129.. The first was that there was limited hot water when I wanted a bath (as they are amazing!) which was disappointing. This was about 20:10 till 21:00. Having spoke to reception the lady who was very lovely and friendly assured us maintenance would be with us shortly, but nobody came! We waited 50 mins and had to put the shower on maximum for it to be 'comfortably' hot. Of course I understand there was a lot of people there so perhaps that's why hot water was struggling - but a shame when you want to use the facilities to the max. I Anyway, the other reason it was a bit disappointing is because the towel rail didn't work either which was a shame and when I rang down to reception there was no answer (ringing multiple times). This weekend was very special being my partners birthday so I think that for the money we spent we shouldn't have had issues with the hotel. Anyway, many thanks to the staff for the friendly welcome anyway - hopefully this was just a one off!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear kmurphDerbyshire, Thank you for your review following you recent stay with Malmaison Liverpool. We are sorry to read that you had a disappointing stay. We are extremely sorry for the issues you experienced, and we do not wish of any our valued guest to walk away with a less than satisfactory experience. Thank you also for identifying the service hiccups on the night – these will be addressed with the team in order to avoid future similar scenarios. Thank you for choosing Malmaison Liverpool and we hope the hotel gets another chance in the future to show you the product and service standard that we strive to deliver consistently to our guests.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I have stayed at the Malmaison on a few different occasions and each time I have been looked after by Sharon Simons who couldn't do enough to make my experience the best one possible.

The Malmaison is a gorgeous looking, sumptuous hotel and as soon as you enter the reception you definitely feel like you can forget all your troubles and just enjoy the experience. Everything from the relaxing atmosphere, beautiful décor and friendly staff plays its part in making this one of the best hotels in Liverpool. On a more personal note, I would highly recommend Sharon to anyone looking for an extra special level of service as she really goes out of her way to ensure you have the best stay possible. Cannot fault her service and will definitely be coming back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Danielle1806, Thank you for your fabulous feedback following your visit to Malmaison Liverpool. We are so thrilled to read that Sharon went that extra mile to provide the best level of service and made your experience the best one possible. We hope to welcome you back at some stage in the future, to try our mouth-watering classic menu and our delicious cocktails.