Having booked the hotel some weeks ago after reading some good reviews I went this weekend with some concern after reading some poor reviews.
Areas where it could be improved - the rooms lack decent lighting; my tv didn't work and I had to ask twice for someone to look at it; the shower had a permanent drip but this was only annoying if you were in the bath; you do get city centre noise but that's because the windows aren't double glazed (its an old building)
Good points - excellent city centre location; we had a dinner bed and breakfast deal on the first night and that was excellent value; large rooms with lots of character; big bath towels.
None of the areas above would stop me staying again and overall we had a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool