62 Castle Street
US$67
US$70
US$65
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$134
US$121
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewssplit levelshower screensitting areawatch tvalbert dockhuge roombooked this hotelcity centre hotelbars and restaurantsbeautiful buildinglovely hotelmatthew streetironing boardcomfy bedlovely roomreception staffbrilliant location
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I came across this hotel in the reviews on Trip Advisor as I was looking for a hotel to stay after our tour as we were catching up with relatives I found through Ancestry.com.
The reviews were right, this was a great hotel at amazing value. An old bank building, with split level apartments, leather lounges, great TV, nice bathroom, comfy bed. No wi-fi or fridge. Good furnishings. Just excellent value and well priced, very central.

Only negative was that the shower head is quite low so tall people have a problem there.

The other thing to note is that after 10.30pm, the hotel is locked and guests must ring a number to gain access.

Overall I thought this was one of the nicest hotels on our four week trip to the U.K.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We had a lovely romantic stay in this fab hotel for our wedding anniversary, great location and lovely hotel, this really is a hidden Gem in the heart of the city great stay and value for money, helpful staff really gorgeous boutique hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We originally visited the hotel in October 2011 and thought it was that lovely we thought we would visit it for a 2nd time. The hotel location is perfect, a five minute (if that) walk away from L1 shopping centre & restaurants & also a short walk from the docks. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are lovely and spacious. We were however disappointed to learn that the hotels restaurant & bar was closing at 3pm therefore we weren't able to sample their food! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody travelling to Liverpool for a couple of days & I'm sure I will be returning again very soon.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I decided to have the night out in Liverpool, and booked this hotel at the last minute.
We have stayed before a couple of years ago.
As you arrive, you are redirected through the bar to get to reception. The receptionists sit behind a large low desk table and it is not the easiest way to check in.
Our room was on the top floor and very large, with a quite nice view.
I dare not look too closely at the carpet, which was stained and looked like it needed ripping up! On the corridors etc it just looked shabby and neglected. We have decided that although it is in a great location for Liverpool restaurants (San Carlo) that we will not go back until they do a re-furb!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Having booked the hotel some weeks ago after reading some good reviews I went this weekend with some concern after reading some poor reviews.

Areas where it could be improved - the rooms lack decent lighting; my tv didn't work and I had to ask twice for someone to look at it; the shower had a permanent drip but this was only annoying if you were in the bath; you do get city centre noise but that's because the windows aren't double glazed (its an old building)

Good points - excellent city centre location; we had a dinner bed and breakfast deal on the first night and that was excellent value; large rooms with lots of character; big bath towels.

None of the areas above would stop me staying again and overall we had a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top (3rd floor) as they will be quieter. Park at the QPark opposite Albert Dock - its a safe underground car park attached to Liverpool One and the hotel offer a discount voucher when you leave.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple