All reviews split level boutique hotel albert dock huge room booked this hotel central location bars and restaurants beautiful building lovely hotel night life comfy bed brilliant location lovely room stayed for one night car park visiting liverpool cavern club
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel looked lovely and is in a good location... the trouble with it being in a great location is that it’s SO NOISY
Inside and outside of the hotel was a nightmare, squeaky floor, damaged lift, leaking taps, bed was not the best and the pillows were awful

Overpriced and not worth the money

THIS WAS THE WORST NIGHT I HAVE EVER SPENT IN A HOTEL!! DONT BOOK!!

2  Thank Chris_Debb_Morris
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Great night spent here. Friendly welcoming staff. Massive spacious room with a real comfy bed!! Real cosy room. Can't fault if you wanna stay somewhere close to city centre. Would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Dont get me wrong, The room is large with comfy leather chairs. Fabulous bed and nice decor. But its the little things which irritated me. The only light in the room was from a few lamps dotted around the room. There was one bulb in the ceiling near the door but the bulb was broken. There was another floor bulb near a large mirror but that was broken too. Its not difficult to check lightbulbs in a room. So the room was quite dark. For the huge size of the room, the tv was tiny. It was about 25" and looked ridiculous given the grandeur of the room and the supposed £200 a night room price.the tv remote only switched on a small box that controlled the channels. I had to walk from bed to the tv to switch the actual tv on and off. The mirror in the bathroom was glued on the wall but the glue seems to be visible through the mirror so there are literally huge glue spots staring at you when you look in the mirror. Couldnt see any visible leaflets or information in the room regarding how to use tv/shower/heating/phone. No welcome pack or local amenities info. You just had to guess everything. Also...Cracks in the bathroom ceiling around fixtures and fittings. Im nitpicking. It was great for the discount price we got online of £70. But would i be happy for the full price of £200? No way. Yeah it was nice and central location in liverpool which is nice. But when we arrived we waited in reception for a good 5mins before anyone even showed up at front desk. Only 1 staff member in the whole hotel at 6pm it seems. Average...just average all around.

1  Thank Craig M
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this amazing hotel for a two night break and couldn't fault anything. We stayed in room 305 and it was a beautiful room with a view over Derby Square. It was a huge with a big bathroom ( and a bath) which was a bonus. Lee on reception was so helpful and efficient. A really lovely guy who always made you feel so welcome. Very central with lovely wine bars and restaurants nearby. We will certainly be returning to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in this vibrant city. Well done to all of the staff.

1  Thank Liza E
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Experience was terrible from the get go. I arrived to a radio blasting out and the check in guy and his mate chatting away. The hotel didnt smell good and wasnt inviting. I started check in, I asked where was the bar and restaurant and was told we are room only! No facilities, just a vending machine. I was gutted as there was no mention of this on booking.com. I went ahead and went to the room, I stood in the room for about five minutes, trying to make it right, trying to make it ok. The wooden blinds at one window were thick and i mean thick with dust and the other window was wide open with a set of ladders on the outside. Travelling alone for a very well deserved break after a terrible time personally I knew I just couldnt stay. I went back to reception, tears streaming down my face. I said, Im sorry but this is a mistake. Im a lone traveller and dont want to sit in my dirty room with a ham buttie from a vending machine. I said Id like to leave. I explained about the no facilities and they said that was booking.com fault not theirs. Then, they charded be 50 pounds!!! 50 pounds because I checked in. I paid it and they watched me leave. I sat on the step outside sobbing, walked up to the Shankly, got the warmest welcome, a hug a complimentaty glass of prosecco, my bags delivered to my room and 50 percent off in the restaurant!!! As a regular visitor to liverpool I will never ever go back here again, 50 quid for 5 mins! Terrible and I dont recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo