“PLEASE do not stay here, they rip you off with a deposit!”

Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport
Ranked #47 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“PLEASE do not stay here, they rip you off with a deposit!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I had occasion to stay in this hotel and upon check-in was advised that I would need to pay a £30 deposit on top of my room charge of £69, therefore a total of £99 was authorised from my bank card, wasn't happy about this but had a wedding to go to so needed to rush. Anyway, upon checking out I was advised that I would be charged just the £69 and the £30 deposit would go back on my debit card. I checked my account online when I got back home and the deposit had not been up back in my account, I rang the hotel and spoke to Martin Lote, who claimed he was manager and if so his customer services skills left a lot to be desired, I was very irate at the fact that this money had not gone back into my account and had spoken to my bank previously who explained this transaction was absolutely nothing to do with them. I rang Martin back who was THE rudest manager I have ever spoken to, 3 times he told me 'this conversation is over, put it all in an email to me and if I had refused to have paid the deposit then I would've been asked to leave the hotel'!!!!.......the Terms & Conditions do not reflect this deposit practice. I am absolutely gobsmacked that HIG group believe it's ok to 'secure' people's money for a period of 3-4 days before they release it back into their account and what's more, that I was spoken to in such an appalling manner! The hotel is hardly the Wynn at Las Vegas, it's a bog standard 'get what you pay for hotel'......never NEVER again! Disgusting!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Teresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Shirl_Home 33,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Holiday Inn Express Liverpool John Lennon Airport. I woud suggest you check your reservation details as it does state the hotel policy for pre-authorisation at this hotel; the policy details are as follows:

Please be advised that an approval will be sought on your credit or debit card for an amount equal to your total room nights plus incidental charges.

If a swipe of a credit card is taken this should have no effect to your credit limit available.

If a swipe of your debit card is taken please be advised that this will go into a holding account and will be completed on departure with any difference releasing within ten working days.

After this time we recommend that you check with your payment provider that the money has been returned to your account.

With Kind Regards

Teresa

Teresa Hatton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

From walking in at check in, there is always someone there for you with a smile, everyone at reception was amazing, one of the key points was as I was working at the airport overnight I wanted to get dinner but dobbies (which is only across the road) stopped food at 3 which was a nightmare, thanks to Pauline, she made my dinner before my shift started which made my evening. I was really impressed with my room, it was located on the 5th floor with impressive views of the runway at Liverpool airport. The bed was heavenly wanted to stay there all night!, Breakfast was really good, small but a real kick to what you need to start the day.

A real reccommend stay!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Martin L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Livingitadam,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I'm so glad that we made your stay, I will pass on your comments to Pauline. Hope to see you in the near future.

Glasgow
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed here on business in October

Great value at only £41 and a better stay than a lot of express's

Big free of charge carpark. Typical older style express rooms with the combined loo, shower cubicle etc, but a very comfortable bed and pillows.

Widescreen tv with good selection of channels.

The hotel serves evening meals but the menu looked pretty basic, the same could be said about the bar area with 3 rows of tables giving it a bit of a canteen feel with next to no atmosphere so I went out for food, but had a couple of retail parks within a mile of an already good location

Id certainly come back

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Martin L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Jase_2

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Thank you very much for your review.I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us, look forward to seeing you in the near furture.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We spent an evening and night here before our early flight and will certainly do it again. A very relaxing start to the holiday. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. We especially appreciated the special rate which allowed us to park our car there for up to 15 days, as the airport is only a three minute taxi ride away.
The service was very friendly, both on reception and at the bar. Our only slight niggle is that the bar menu was a bit unadventurous.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Martin L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear Greenjag,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests experience.Hope to see you again soon.

Gateshead
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Reasonably priced, great customer service and the room was excellent! Very comfortable with a choice of different types of pillows. Very closely located to the airport and if you aren't in a hurry you can even walk. Breakfasts also start from 4am for early travellers.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Lesley D,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Thank you for your review and comments.We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel is in a great location if you are flying from John Lennon Airport. The price was more than reasonable and breakfast was included.

We found the rooms to be clean and well kept with everything one would expect from a Holiday Inn Express.

We were using this hotel for one night only for our early morning flight the next day. We did eat in the hotel the evening we checked in which was average to say the least but we weren't expecting much due to the set up.

Would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay for the airport - which is what we found most people to be doing, but wouldn't want to really stay any longer - mainly due to location and the lack of things round and about.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Martin L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Samjoy 123,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We look forward to your next stay before your early morning flight.

Pwllheli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed the night before an early morning flight and was very pleased with the standard. The room was clean and comfortable (with different kinds of pillows!). The compact bathroom was very nice and clean too. Although the hotel is by a road I didn't notice any noise and the hotel was quiet. The staff were polite and the taxi service to the airport was very efficient. I didn't try any breakfast so I can't comment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Vavenici,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport

Thank you very much for your lovely review. Look forward to welcoming back in the near furture.