“Prefer the Premier Inn”

Ranked #48 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Prefer the Premier Inn”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed her for 3 nights in early July.It is close to the airport which suited us very well as we had flown up from Cornwall to see relatives. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the room was fine, quite clean etc, as you would expect. However, the breakfast on offer was really poor, not a patch on the Premier Inn breakfasts. As for all the notices around the hotel stating "Free Breakfast"?? Well personally I would rather pay and know I was going to get a good breakfast, as at the Premier Inns. The car park wasn't a problem for us but we could see how busy it was with many cars permanently parked on the grassy areas at the front of the hotel. Good staff, nice and clean, but don't expect good food at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Martin L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Patricia A

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Thank you for your feedback and comments regarding your stay with us.We do appreciate all feedback.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Grantham
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel itslef is lovely - the reception staff upon check in were fantastic and helpful. I was impressed that they furnished us with takeaway menus because food service had finished - not something you see often. The hotel itself is a modern build, as you come to expect from Holiday Inn. The location is good, very close to the airport, but I must say that I did not hear a single plane during our short stay.

Breakfast was okay - there was nothing wrong but it was standard fayre, well organised. I especially appreciated the colour-coding for busy times - working in a hotel myself, I think this is a fantastic idea.

The only problem we encountered was that there was a group of men standing outside our window (we were on the third floor) smoking and talking ALL night. I believe it stopped around 3.00am. We had to catch a flight at 7.00am, so being kept awake wasn't very helpful. I did not mention it because there wasn't a great deal the staff could have done, but maybe either having a smoking curfew or moving the smoking area away from the edge of the hotel building would help. I am a smoker myself, so the smell did not bother me, but I imagine that others would suffer.

Overall a decent place to stay - it served it's purpose well, and the reception staff are a credit to the business.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pgs34
Martin L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear PSG34,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologise for the inconvenience coursed during your stay and I hope this doesn't dissuade you from returning soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Well impressed with efficiency and how clean quiet and comfortable hotel was. Only niggle was that the car park was very busy so once parked we didn't dare move the vehicle and names and addresses were left in cars on display. Would stay again however, thanks to friendly staff,can only remember antony's name.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Mrspink,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Thank you for your review. I will pass on your comments to Antony,whom will be very pleased. I am sorry for the confusion regarding car parking chits which should have been made more clear in relation to what inforamtion we do and don't need.

Pembroke Dock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here for one night in June 2014. I was in Liverpool with a friend who had booked a hotel so I thought that it was a budget hotel when I realised we was staying at the Holiday Inn. On arrival the receptionists were very welcoming and the reception area and bar were very clean and modern. The room was also very clean. Not the most indulgent of rooms. Just white and plain but did the job and the bed was really comfy. There was also free parking, free WiFi and free breakfast in the morning but we overslept and missed it so don't know what that is like.
Also you are so close to the airport but not once did I hear any plane noise. Only bad thing for me was it is quite far out of the city centre but I would definitely stay here if I was catching a flight the next day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Martin R,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay.Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We booked to stay for one night as we had an early morning flight. At the time of booking we were advised that for an additional charge the hotel did a package that included leaving the car! Brilliant. We drive down from scotland and arrived late evening to find no spaces anywhere and cars parked on the grass outside the hotel and cars abandoned in the car park. When we went to enquire we were told we would have to leave our car abandoned also as they were very busy!!! Not exactly what i had in mind. I must say at this point the hotel staff were extremely helpful and apologetic, they did their absolute best with what they had. We eventually got a quieter part of the road to abandon our car on for the duration of our holiday.
The hotel itself is nice and clean, rooms are comfortable and staff friendly. We had breakfast which was a cold breakfast between 4 and 6 am and that was just perfect for us. Taxi to and from the airport was approx £5 each way and i would say the hotel prob a 20-25 min walk away from the airport.
Overall its a decent place to stay if you are catching a flight, if we do fly from liverpool again i would definately stay here but would book airport secure parking for the car.

• Stayed July 2014
Martin L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Lynne S,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Thank you for your review and feedback regarding your recent stay with us.I do apologise for the inconvenience coursed during your stay relating to the car park issues.
I do hope this will not dissuade you from staying with us again.

Hotel Manger
Liverpool
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family live local to the Holiday Inn and recently staged a family function.
Our "out of towners" chose to stay here as we were overflowing.
Without exception our visitors praised the services of the hotel which was spotless.
I myself visited the hotel on numerous occasions to arrange transport and saw the service first hand.
Can I extend a personal thanks to the staff who looked after our entourage and in particular to the manager 'Martin' who went above and beyond the call of duty!!
Nothing was to much trouble and the service provided did not go unnoticed by my family.
Great value and Martin, you are an asset.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Martin L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Gary T,

Reference: Holiday Inn Express - Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent family gathering. Looking forward to the next one.

Heysham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had an early flight from John Lennon airport and booked online for an overnight stay and 8 days parking included, which is one of their standard packages. The Holiday Inn Express was easy to find; we arrived early evening at about 5.00 and parked the car opposite Reception. The staff were extremely helpful and the double room was basic but comfortable with efficient air-conditioning and a well supplied bathroom and shower. You pay a £30 deposit which is refunded to your card as soon as you leave. There is a very basic restaurant (which we only used for breakfast) and a bar on the ground floor, but we elected to eat nearby. Let's just say say that if we stay here again (and we definitely will), then we'll bring our own or go into Liverpool to eat. Extra tea, coffee, milk etc. for rthe room was provided cheerfully. The hotel is near a busy road which even with a window open didn't disturb us at all. Continental or cooked breakfast was free. They will book you a taxi to the airport for the morning, which arrived spot-on on time and the fare was only £2.50. We took the number and used them to return to the hotel when we got back. All you need then is the exit code from Reception to get out of the car park. Very simple, very uncomplicated, great service and very helpful and friendly staff. Highly recommended - well done.

Room Tip: Away from the road would be quieter I suppose, but we werent bothered by any noise.