“Almost Perfect”
Review of Gateway Lodge

Gateway Lodge
Gateway Lodge
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here last Monday for one night before an 11.00am next day flight from Liverpool to Barcelona. When I got there I was welcomed by the lady then showed to my room.

I was very impressed with the room I had, only disappointment was it was 2 single beds and not a double bed, but I was staying alone, so no big deal.

The room and en-suite were very spacious, and both were immaculately clean, and the water was lovely and hot when I had my showers.

The carpet was plush, clean and spotless, the bed was very comfortable, and the only drawback was when I asked about breakfast for the next morning when I arrived around 7pm, I was told there was none available, which for £40 for a one night stay I would expect.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning an overnight stay before using Liverpool airport which is around a 5 minute walk direct from the hotel, and if I use that airport again, I would have no hesitation in using this place again if available.

Mark from Blackpool.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed two nights at the Gateway Lodge. Our room (ensuite) was very clean and comfortable. It is truly a 10 minute walk from the airport but quiet. It was convenient to be close to the airport as just about every city bus stops there to take you where ever you want to go. Take the number 500 Express to get to the Albert Dock and to the Lime Street Rail Station. Bus drivers are very helpful with directions.

The staff at Gateway Lodge couldn't have been more friendlier or helpful. We were there for a Liverpool Football game and to tour various sites related to the Beatles. We had heard getting to Anfield on game day could be a chore, but we were given excellent, easy directions and arrived to watch the Lads with just a minimal amount of effort. Can't beat this place for value, cleanliness and a helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I have stayed at the gateway lodge on numerous occasions over the last few years. I have always found it very clean and the staff are friendly. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the airport and is very convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2013

After a stressful drive (my Sat Nav decided to stop working), I arrived safely at the Lodge. I was greeted with a happy lady. (I feel dreadful but I have forgotten her name I know she said she was the part owner with her sister). It was a quick check in and she helped me to my room with my things.
My room was large and spacious and very clean with en-suit. It felt homely and welcoming with hot drinks making facility. I hadn’t had chance to eat and asked about where to go. She mentioned a couple of places nearby and even offered to make me a ham sandwich as I think she could tell I was a little stressed.
The room was a very good price, including car parking for 7 days and within walking distance to the airport! I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I will certainly be using it again on my travels to Liverpool.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed there with my son on a visit to Liverpool, as I am from Liverpool but live in Hertfordshire now.we had a good time as I was showing him all the places I used to go to, the Lodge is very clean and warm the rooms are 5 star.I stay there again when I visit the Pool,

If you are flying from Liverpool Airport stay here they do a early breakfast for you and good parking.

Room Tip: Just have a word with the the people who run the place all the rooms are good
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

we v been there for a business trip, 4 of us and was superb , very friendly people and very helpful. We were late for the check-in and even if we arrived very late they welcome us with a big smile!!!
Lovely and very clean rooms .
Very good price !!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We arrived stressed after an hour detour because of roadworks and were greeted by the owners who offered us a cup of coffee. Our room was a beautiful spacious room with three single beds and was spotless. The beds were very comfortable and although just 10min walk from airport we heard no noise from there and had a great night's sleep. Heard no noise from other guests either and would definitely recommend this b&b to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family