“Liverpool Heritage given a new lease of life”

30 James Street, Home of the Titanic
Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 18 July 2014

First visit, but not my last..admittedly a work in progress but never the less the staff were helpful & informative, the service on the rooftop bar was excellent, the views are stunning.This historical building has been given a new lease of life.It was the office of the most famous shipping line in the world & is part of our fabulous history...Good luck to all involved

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennifer h
Paul E, General Manager at 30 James Street, Home of the Titanic, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Hi,

Thank you so much for your review of 30 James Street, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at 30 James Street “Home of the Titanic”

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed the views from the balcony and the stunning Carpathia champagne bar and the wonderful restoration of this iconic building.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic on location and price. Decor was unusual - not unpleasant but just a little odd! Carpathia rooftop bar was lovely with lovely
Views and a great
Spanish waitress. Hotel is clean and beds v comfy. Some building work still going on which woke me up but no big deal. Would stay again and interested to see what it's like when the creases are ironed out!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Beauhare
30JSt, Front Office Manager at 30 James Street, Home of the Titanic, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your great review.

Both the staff and myself are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do endeavor to make our guest stay with us the best possible experience that it can be.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Many thanks

Sean Grindlay
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Definatly recommend this hotel for a glamourous 5 star stay! I was well impressed n have stay in many hotels but 30 James st has got the wow factor, will be booking again :) me and friend stayed here for a girly night, we had cocktails at the fab roof top bar then went back for a jacuzzi and a glass of fizz then settled down to watch a film in our double beds n to enjoy the room :) x

Hi,

Thank you for your 5 star review of 30 James Street "Home of the Titanic"

I am Glad you loved the in room facilities and I look forward to welcoming you back to 30 James Street soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had stayed at 30 James street on my last business trip to Liverpool,this time family came along, i was impressed last time but it has improved, I managed to get a 6 bed room with a kitchen and a view of the Mersey this place has real charm, this comes from the staff, from the housekeeper who remembered me from my last visit to the bar girl who helped me settle my kids, if I'm in Liverpool I'm staying here

Hi,

Thank you for your 5 out of 5 feedback and kind comments and I am thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us,

Your kind words regarding our facilities and service are very much appreciated and on behalf of myself and all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our room broke and trying to reorganise was a lot of hassle, HOWEVER......
The decor is flamboyant and sumptuous
The staff bend over backwards to help you
The location right by the very vibrant albert docks is ideal
The wall coverings make excellent soundproofing, not a peep to be heard
SO COMFY beds
The double whirlpool bath in our room was such a treat
We have been offered a free stay to compensate for our inconvenience and are keen to try out a different even bigger room
PS. View from champagne bar is very worth a look and the breakfast basket delivered to the room was a nice touch, very continental

Room Tip: The suites with the kitchens are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hi,

It’s wonderful to hear your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and I’m glad any issues were resolved quickly for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to 30 James Street soon upon your return visit

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently stayed at 30 James street in Liverpool, this hotel is a real unique and totally original landmark, if you want character and real history stay here.
The reception is busy but they treat you with such good humour and nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are luxurious, carpet you sink into, jacuzzi, kitchen and view second to none all for £175 for 3 of us. Bar/ restaurant full of life, we had a platter of delicacies and complamentary strawberries, delivered personally, I wish I could take the chef home! Try to stay here for a real treat.

Hi,

I will pass on your kind words regarding the staff to my team who will be thrilled to hear your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to 30 James Street soon

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a conference package, so didn't know what to expect. Bit if a mix up with the booking, but this could gave been down to the conference organisers. However, the staff quickly sorted it out and were fantastic throughout my stay.
The hotel has only recently opened and there are a few glitches, but nothing to spoil my stay
I had a problem with the TV not working, so they insisted on moving me, even though I wasn't that bothered. The rooms and style of the hotel is very unique, very quirky which I like. The restaurant was not operating yet, so they bought a great basket of food up to my room for breakfast. There is also a very nice roof bar and the location is great for a visit to the Albert Dock

Hi,

Thank you for your 5 star review of 30 James Street "Home of the Titanic"

It’s wonderful to hear your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to 30 James Street in the near future