“Great themed hotel”

30 James Street, Home of the Titanic
Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 25 August 2014

A friend and I stayed for a night in this hotel recently and were really pleased with it. The location is very good, right on the docks and just down the road from the James Street station. The welcome at reception was friendly and we were very pleased with our room which was decorated wonderfully. The rooms are suites meaning we had a double bed each and the bath was big enough for about 10. The next morning we went for breakfast, the food itself was pretty standard but it was nice and relaxed and calm, no queues, we were very pleased. We had no problems during our stay there and I've already booked a repeat visit!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chelsea B
Paul E, General Manager at 30 James Street, Home of the Titanic, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hi There

Please can I request that you contact me at the hotel, as General Manager I want to ensure that every guest leaves here satisfied and so I would love the opportunity to discuss this review with you and your stay

If you could give me a call on 07500 963 749 that would be great or you can contact me at paulegan@rmstitanichotel.co.uk

I look forward to hearing form you soon

30 James Street

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have longed to peer inside this fabulous building for years and now it's hotel I finally got my wish, I was not disappointed! I only booked the room yesterday got a great deal on the hotel website, the quarters we stayed in were on the 2nd floor with x balcony and we're massive, very sumptuous, decorated with Carr to match the period style, but surprisingly came with all the mod cons, jacuzzi bath, ceiling mounted shower, 2 massive comfy beds, and even a separate kitchen complete with expensive kettle, toaster oven and dishwasher! Staff were all lovely, the bar manager even showed my 8 yr old around the upstairs kitchen and introduced him to the chef. Can't wait to stay again!

1  Thank Graham C
Paul E, General Manager at 30 James Street, Home of the Titanic, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Graham C

Thank you for your 5 star review of 30 James Street, Home of the Titanic.

Your kind words regarding our facilities and staff are very much appreciated, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to the Bar Manager and on behalf of myself and all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel with a group of friends, as we found a great deal on the price. I was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of the stay. Rooms were very impressive and wonderfully decorated, they were equipped with everything you could need for a short stay!
All staff that I encountered were friendly and I'm sure would be willing to help if necessary.
I will definitely be returning at some point in the future!

1  Thank Ginge1089

Dear Ginge1089

Thank you for your 5 star review of 30 James Street, Home of the Titanic.

Your kind words regarding our facilities and staff are very much appreciated and on behalf of myself and all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed for just one night with friends and were impressed from the second we walked through the door. Staff were all extremely friendly and genuine. Our room was vast and really comfortable with a huge jacuzzi bath. The roof top restaurant was unfortunately fully booked but we had complimentary breakfast there in the morning which was more than sufficient to set us up for the rest of the day. Having secured our booking for an exceptional price it was hard to fault the hotel which is situated in an ideal location for the dock and L1 areas. Will definitely be first our list to stay again should we visit Liverpool again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AwayboyzAFC
Paul E, General Manager at 30 James Street, Home of the Titanic, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Awayboyzafc

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I have always liked the outside of the red and white striped building with the turrets on the pier head but never realized you could stay in it.
The people who are currently converting the building (we stayed after phase 2 !! apparently) are doing so with care and consideration of the history of the building. Attention to detail is excellent and the building provides an excellent canvas for this.
We stayed as a family of four in a room that could have slept six or eight easily. Every member of staff we spoke to was really friendly even by Liverpool's high standards. Staff seem to feel ownership of the whole project and told us excitedly about the planned next stages.
Can't imagine we would be able to afford this in a couple of year's time but would definitely stay again if there is a room free.

Room Tip: We stayed in JP Morgan room but I think they are all lovely judging by the photos.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DanBuckley1

Dear Danbuckly1

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a weekend with friends on arrival the first receptionist we spoke with was very abrupt in how she spoke to us. We we got into our room it was very nicely decorated however not everything has been finished off to a good standard as our bathroom door would not shut meaning we would have no privacy to use the toilet or to shower we rang reception and someone came up to look and couldn't get it to shut and so rang maitance who had left for the day so he asked us if we couldn't just make do with it until the following day ... we asked if there was any other rooms and we were told no unfortunately however we explained we wouldn't be happy and then after that we were moved ..... in the evening we were getting ready to go out for the evening and one of the girls discovered that there was no running water this had gone off in the hotel and was of for a period of time .... as the rooms are quite expensive I am glad we got this at a special rate when booking as I would be asking for a refund if paying full price ... Most of the staff are very friendly its just the hotel's finishing touches I don't feel are up to standard .

1  Thank Andy00012
Paul E, General Manager at 30 James Street, Home of the Titanic, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Hi

I'm really sorry to learn of this feedback, please can I ask that you contact me directly on 07500 749 963 or alternatively on email paulegan@rmstitanichotel.co.uk as there are a few issues I would like to discuss a little further

As a General Manager of the hotel I want to ensure you leave here satisfied and so I look forward to speaking to you soon

30 James Street

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for myself and five friends for my husband's 40th birthday and we were all blown away by the rooms, service and friendly, accomodating staff. The breakfast was fantastic and I would highly recommend this hotel. Oppulent rooms, attention to detail and a great location too!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends