“Mr Lewis Payne”

The Pineapple Hotel
Ranked #60 of 78 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed in quite a few places in Liverpool and I have to say that this was one of the best. I will DEFINITALY stay here again. 3 of us shared a room. Beds were bunk beds but that was fine. Bathroom are communal but are very clean and tidy. There's a pub underneath that we were made to feel welcome and the city centre is a few minutes Away in a taxi. Great place this....

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lewis P

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just got back from a awesome weekend in Liverpool for a Stag do. We booked all the rooms as there were 25 of us going and similar to last reviewer we were not expecting anything special based on other reviews we could not fault it at all for the price. Very friendly staff from the moment we arrived to the time we left. Location was fine with taxis less than £4.00 to get to Matthew Street. Cheap drinks in hotel bar and the locals drinking there were welcoming too. No restrictions on what time we returned each night either. Would definitely recommend the Pineapple Hotel for a large group.

Gareth, Cardiff

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gaz_Cardiff123
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Over 20 of us stayed Friday 4th to Sunday 6th April and had a brilliant time. Rooms were clean, Staff were friendly & the location was great.

Breakfast was top notch and the beer was cheap

Thanks to staff, for helping me have a great Stag do. I would certainly stay again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian T
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just got back from a fab weekend with friends, 16 of us in all! Stayed at the pineapple hotel! Was a bit aprehensive after reading reviews about it! We were greeted on arrival by the staff who were very friendly and accomodating, the locals also made us feel welcome! The rooms were basic but extremely clean and comfortable, and safe! bathrooms were also immaculate! The bar was handy and the drinks were cheap! The location was also good, cost about £3.50 for taxi to matthew st! Great weekend! Would definately stay at the pineapple again!! Thanks to the pineapple for your hospitality!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Joannebrine
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Booking a room on a budget, we didn't expect 5 star quality but, this hotel was horrendous from the start. There wasn't a reception area and the staff seemed disinterested when we came to check in. On first inspection, the room seemed okay at best but after closer inspection we realised that it was dirty and clearly hadn't been cleaned. The towels were dirty and stained, the shower leaked, the cutlery was dirty, the tea and coffee making facilities were appalling and there were no complimentary toiletries. In conclusion, this hotel is worse than a youth hostel and should be avoided at all costs!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank John W
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was due to stay at the Pineapple recently while visiting the wonderful Liverpool region.Upon arrival It was clear to me I had made a terrible mistake. The so called Hotel was dirty, smelly and very ran down. After trying in vain to get access through a side door of the Building, I was ushered into the Bar area by a rude and untidy women. the smell and the untidiness of the place was the worst I have ever seen !!! This women then fumbled about with pieces of paper on the bar counter and then yelled at me saying that I had no booking ( I showed her the reservation number etc, but she still was rude and uncooperative )...I was told that I would have to stay in the annex "down the Road" which I declined and said I was going elsewhere as the customers in the Bar were becoming a bit intimidating..... This is the my worst experience in a Hotel/ B&B ever. Avoid at all costs......

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank WJH67
Reviewed 24 November 2013

this hotel is just situated off the city centre and is ideal place if your looking for something basic and cheap to stay in the bedrooms are on the 1st&2nd floor both axcessed by stairs there is no lift better bring some rubber soles as there is not a mat for the shower

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple