Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews perfect hosts perfect stay breakfast room the heart of the city definitely stay here again comfort townhouse bedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2014

I go to Liverpool regularly and if I can get a room, I usually stay in the Hope Street Hotel. On this trip, I'd read about 2 Blackburne Terrace in The Times, so I thought I'd try it out.

I wasn't disappointed and as I'm a coeliac, and need gluten-free food, I often am in hotels with a supposed International reputation.

There were a couple of niggles, but then you get those in any new establishment. A typical one was finding the hotel, as there wasn't a sign from Blackburne Place. But I'm told this is being addressed.

Service was excellent and the bed was very comfortable. I ceretainly couldn't fault my gluten-free breakfast.

In Liverpool, you should always stay on top of the hill by the cathedrals and the university, as then it's just a walk downhill to the other sights. Coming back, you can get one of the yellow buses to Hope Street or a taxi. Liverpool black cabs are like no others, as the drivers often think they are the next Jimmy Tarbuck or John Bishop.

Room tip: Look on the web site!
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank AnonWidr
Reviewed 14 September 2014

What a wonderful weekend we had! I was meeting my husband after two months on his birthday and was looking forward to some quiet and relaxing time. Sarah and Glen were attentive without being intrusive, they looked after our needs and were sensitive to our dietary preferences.
Both my husband and I are very `design oriented' and enjoy art and artefacts. Blackburne Terrace was our idea of the ideal retreat. The room was immaculately clean, there was great attention to detail without being over the top and the décor was delightful.
I love reading a book every day and the library had a variety of well chosen books for all tastes.
The breakfast was great and I ate the best kiwi fruit I have eaten in years!

This little gem will go places and thanks Sarah and Glen for the great hospitality.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank prabhac2014
Sarah W, Owner at 2 Blackburne Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It was delightful to meet you and your husband and fellow academics. As I said to you - we had an extraordinary array of talents seated at our breakfast table that morning! And I so appreciate that though you do not normally do Tripadvisor reviews, you so enjoyed your stay - you were moved to join the Tripadvisor community! I hope you have many many more good experiences at places around the world. And I hope one day we have the pleasure of meeting you again! With my very best wishes Sarah :O)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is a beautiful and unique bolthole, hidden away in the gorgeous Georgian area of Liverpool.

Nestled behind a row of lush, green trees, Blackburn Terrace was exactly what Hubby and I were after for our first weekend away together in well over a year.

The decor is spectacular - the attention to detail, colours, furniture, atmosphere etc and that's before you even reach your room! Greeted with Noble Isle toiletries, a complimentary decanter of Jack Daniels and a jar stuffed with the best macaroons I have ever tasted, you know i'm not going to have anything bad to say about this place.

A stones throw from the town centre, meant we were in a great location, with some lovely bars not too far away. Don't let that put you off though, it was peacefully quiet (apart from the brooding seagulls) but the free standing bath, giant smart TV and access to the hotels Spotify account more than made up for it.

Breakfast was amazing. A full English if you wanted; fresh fruit, yogurt and honey too, as well as plenty of cereals. Something for everybody. Newspapers were a nice touch too.

Sarah and her husband were wonderful hosts, very attentive and welcoming. We will definitely be returning!

Room tip: There are four rooms to choose from. We were given a free upgrade to the suite as i had booked the hotel as a treat for my Hubby's 30th.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank BiancaMariaCavuoto
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at Glen and Sarah's boutique hotel recently. The term 'hidden gem' is over-used, but not in this case. They've done a remarkable job putting their style into this lovely house, situated perfectly just off Hope Street. The pictures don't do it justice, the attention to detail and aesthetics are superb. It's a bold style but I felt it worked really well - a balance of deliberate juxtaposition with plenty of respect for the Georgian soul of the area. Having a small number of high quality rooms allows them to give a personalised level of customer service and flexibility which I have struggled to find elsewhere. The food was great too-it sounds ridiculous but the bacon was phenomenal! All in all, thoroughly recommended and a real treat.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank J C
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

As soon as you pass the threshold of this special place you can feel the warm and welcoming atmosphere take hold.

The decor is something from an interior design magazine. Well thought through and a treat to see. The wonderful sized rooms are turned out to an exceptionally high standard with luxurious bathrooms and bed linen.The mod cons like sonos add to the experience as do the spectacular views of the fabulous city.

A yummy breakfast was a perfect way to start the day! Something I would love to have everyday!

Glen and Sarah are such tentative gracious hosts. Their personalities are echoed throughout the place. Which give character to the building.

All in all a wonderful stay- what more could you want for the home away from home experience.

Thank you!