“Good quality food with great service”
Review of Rookwood Bar & 'Cue - CLOSED

Rookwood Bar & 'Cue
Price range: US$16 - US$34
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dry-aged steaks, burgers and small plates. We are an independent business who use local suppliers with a passion for fresh food, craft beers & cocktails. Call in for a drink, quick burger or a sharing steak!
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My friend and i had a really pleasant experience at this small but smart restaurant hidden away near FACT cinema and gallery in the centre of Liverpool.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel really welcome by the relaxed and friendly staff. The food is American style burgers and steaks which seems very popular at the moment but this menu stands out because of the interesting combinations of flavours (see their burger selection) and also because of the quality of their meat which i believe they source locally.

I'm sure that this restaurant is going to prove to be a popular choice!

Michael P, General Manager at Rookwood Bar & 'Cue, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hi,

Thank you very very much for that awesome review! It means a lot to the team that people go away as happy as yourselves!

Thanks again, hope to see you soon :)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Title says it all really. American style service, cannot do enough for you. Fantastic food and cocktails to boot!!!

One of the best!! Haha!

Thanks very much for leaving such a positive review! The team and I are made up to have succeeded in our mission of supplying boss food & drinks!

Thanks again! Hope to see you soon :)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is the first review I have ever posted here but I felt I needed to make the effort for this place. Living in the city centre I think I have sampled pretty much everything on offer when it comes to bars/restaurants. Some great, some not so great and some downright abysmal. I'd been put off going here as I wasn't keen on Tapas Tapas who had resided here previously. I'm an idiot!
Tonight myself and my partner had a fantastic meal and an overall great experience. From the young lad greeting us at the door to the ladies waiting on us upstairs the staff were great. I could write ten thousand words about the food but suffice to say both starter and steak main were the best I've had in Liverpool. The steak was so tender I could have cut it with my fork and was cooked to perfection. My partner had the fat Spanish burger which was also superb. I literally cannot fault anything about this place and would urge anyone reading to check it out.

Hi Bazzer,

Thanks for your fantastic review! The whole team are very proud of being your Tripadvisor first!

I've passed you comments on to everyone!

Thanks again, hope to see you soon! :)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

From the moment we walked in we were greeted by friendly staff who showed us to our table that we had previously booked. When our waiter came to take our order he spent about 5minutes explaining where they sources the meat and fish from and what the different cuts of meat are he even had a meat board showing us them. The food came relatively quickly and was absolutely immense all five of us enjoyed it greatly. Will defiantly return at some point.

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your awesome comments! The team and I are made up the whole family enjoyed it!

Thanks again & we hope to see you soon :)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went for my partners birthday as read about the place in the local paper. The restaurant is a bar upstairs as well. We were greeted by a really nice polite arrival and got a seat straight but it was lunch time on a weekday . We both ordered cocktails on to drink and wow so nice. We went straight for a main course and a choice and beef patties burger called a fat "fat spanish waiter" and partnered a "boozy Suzy" which which was patties blended together with local ale cheese and bacon filling. Both came chips in beef dripping and homemade slaw. We can both say we never tasted food like it as it was outstanding. Great venue and superb food. We will be going again.

Hi Phil,

Thanks very much for your great comments! It's always good to know we are pleasing our customers!

Thanks again & hope to see you soon :)