“Really Disappointing”

Ranked #25 of 1,978 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Founded in early summer 2014, the restaurant's origins lie in Le Marais, Paris. Weekends spent propping up the area's cocktail bars and small plate restaurants of Paris' 4th Arrondissement nurtured a desire to create somewhere in which small plates and well-made drinks could be enjoyed in equal measure. The menu is designed with emphasis on sharing, made up of small plates inspired by the food we love to cook. Maray is a small plate and cocktail restaurant. Come with your partner, in a group, or pull up a bar stool order Manhattan and listen to Prince.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Was looking forward to revisiting Maray Restaurant in Liverpool, as my last visit, about 2 years ago was splendid. Original, interesting food, cooked well with great service. But am sad to say the food today was very disappointing nothing at all like my previous visits.
The staff said there had been a change of chef? And there was certainly a change in the quality of food.
The cauliflower dish which was previously so memorable was a small portion. You could not see the cauliflower. It was over cooked and heavily spiced with various colours of I have no idea what? The carrot dish again was over cooked and soggy. The chips were served with a sauce that was so hot it burnt your mouth. The party I had taken along were really disappointed, particularly as I had told them how splendid the food was?
The service at the table was fine.

2  Thank Christina C

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal with my mum after Liverpool open day. The tapas was incredible - we had the cauliflower, the lamb shawarma, the tiger prawns special and the houmous and Arabic flatbread. The service was really good, would definitely recommend (and already have done to friends who are coming to look at Liverpool university soon). Thank you!!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I visited Maray for the first time and I wasn’t disappointed. The food was fresh, very well presented and tasted beautiful. We ordered off the lunchtime menu, 3 tapas dishes for £12.50. I found this to be excellent value for money, as the food was so tasty. I’ll definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Fabulous very tasty food. Roasted cauliflower was superb. The goats cheese with honey and herbs wonderful. I usually avoid octopus, since it can be rubbery and very chewy, but this was excellent. We had two bottles of the house white wine & ordered approx 3 sharing dishes each. Which worked out £24 each! Excellent value and excellent food with such diverse tastes. Service is good. You just have to remember that the good can come in any order

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is well worth the trip we made to Liverpool over the weekend. Incredible and flavour packed food. Hints of the Middle East. Great options for vegeterians too. Great experience!