“Fantastic”

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #62 of 1,801 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Description: Olive is a bar & restaurant where you can enjoy the taste of Italy, sample the warm & cosy surroundings that provide an experience that everyone will love.
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Best meal we've had in a good while, everything was just right. Richie the waiter was excellent and knew how to do his job well, the atmosphere was pleasant and we'd recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've been going to Olive for near enough 4 years. The first time I went there it was without a doubt the best meal I'd ever had. However, time and time again I have gone back and the food just is not up to what it used to be.

This week I went with my parents, my boyfriend and his parents. The duck and lamb were overdone (they were ordered pink and they were completely cooked through). The steak was undercooked. I had the hake and I found the dish very bland. My mum had the pork pasta and found it very disappointing.

We all left the meal feeling rather disappointed.

The service wasn't great either. We waited ages for our drinks and the coffee at the end of the meal never arrived!!!

Also on the booking I asked specifically for a table in a quieter area of the restaurant as my mother has hearing difficulties. They did not cater for this and stuck us right next to the noisy kitchen. It would have been more suitable for them to sit us either near the entrance of round the corner in the separate dining area. My poor mum was unable to join in any conversation as she couldn't hear anything!

I was always one to endorse Olive, but now I would honestly discourage anyone wasting there money there on what was a very mediocre experience, with bland food not cooked to the customer preference, in a place where they don't take special circumstances into consideration.

3  Thank Chelcie_1990
Neil C, General Manager at Olive Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Chelcie,

I am very sorry that you recent visit was not up to the usual standard that
you have come to expect at Olive Liverpool. I appreciate your feedback and
this will be discussed with the team. I can assure you that we try to
accommodate all customer requests and I'm very sorry if we didn't manage to
meet your needs on this occasion. I have your contact details and will be
in touch with you shortly to discuss further and hopefully restore your faith in our restaurant.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Good ambience and decor, friendly staff (this is Liverpool) and interesting unusual things on the menu. Had the hake with prosciutto, flavours were excellent, although the prosciutto was rather tiny, and the whole looked a bit tired, so 4 stars rather than 5. But well recommended.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This restaurant never fails to impress. The food is excellent and the service more than matches it. If you like pasta or pizza in particular, you will be very happy here.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Ate here prior to a show, we had to change the booking as we got the original show time wrong. This wasn't a problem at all and the manger communicated with us very well. The waiter was attentive, informative and not overbearing. The dining area was rustic and authentic and the food was extremely good. I would recommend a visit here, when we come back to Liverpool it will be hard to dine anywhere else.

1  Thank James N