“excellent customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Olive Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #59 of 1,650 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$17 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean, European, British, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Description: Olive is a bar & restaurant where you can enjoy the taste of Italy, sample the warm & cosy surroundings that provide an experience that everyone will love.
kirstenj9
“excellent customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had to wait a while for seating but the guy behind tha bar was brilliant. He could not have been more helpful and accommodating. Our waited was also excellent yet not intrusive. The kitchen is open and central and the atmosphere in there was great yet here was one particularly loud chef who swore constantly. Not a problem for us but if you have kids or are after a nice romantic meal it may be a problem. The setting and interior is beautiful and the lighting sets a romantic atmosphere. The food was good and reasonably priced. A good meal overall.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

As I have just graduated from the university of Liverpool, my family and I were visiting for the graduation ceremony. Having chosen to stay in a hotel a mere few minutes away from Olive, my grandad had acquired a 20% off Voucher. Naturally, he decided to give it a go.
Having lived in Liverpool for 3 years I have never stumbled across Olive. I was pleasantly surprised. The food was lovely, served with a smile and great service, and we were tended to with respect. My grandad has quite specific tastes and is usually hard to please; it's a credit to Olive that he left saying he had enjoyed himself and would like to come back in the future.
Thankfully, I'm sticking around in Liverpool and so will be able to bring him and my grandma once again, for what I am sure will be a fantastic evening out.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Consistent, high quality every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have been to Olive at least 8 or 9 times and am guaranteed a fantastic experience every time. This is our family choice of restaurant for Birthdays, Anniversaries, or even just for a Saturday night out. The atmosphere is wonderful and feels very rustic, homely and cosy. Anything goes here – I have seen groups dressed up for a night on the town and couples in jeans and trainers grabbing a bite after a day’s shopping. It’s also not too loud so you are able to have a conversation and actually hear one another – we held my Grandad’s 80th Birthday meal here and he was able to hear us perfectly (not always the case in town on a Saturday night...). The food is wonderful – my favourite is the seabass with tomato risotto and the garlic pizza bread with rosemary – delicious! They are happy to accommodate for fussy eaters too – adding pancetta to a pasta dish instead of vegetables for instance. This to me is a sign of a restaurant that cares about its customers and wants them to enjoy their meal. They also do lovely cocktails if you are just popping in for a drink at the bar. Only complaint (more of a suggestion) would be to put the sweet potato wedges back on the menu – they were so good and I miss them!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank BecMayF
Wirral
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We have been here a few times and have always had a good meal. Good service and food plus pleasant atmosphere we will be back. Join the mailing list and get a discount.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A good restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here and were pleased with the overall quality and service of this restaurant. They were very busy and full with tables being turned over whilst we were there. Always a good sign to strangers.
The menus had a good range of dishes at fair prices. The service was attentive and friendly albeit they were very busy. The quality of the dishes was good, fair sized portions, well presented and tasty. The prices were reasonable for this type of restaurant.
We recommend this establishment.