“Supremely consistent”

Spire
Ranked #9 of 1,783 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$69 - US$72
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Just been back to spire.fantastic,firstly the staff are outstanding.the food is even more outstanding.and it's great value for money.my wife and I enjoyed our experience just as much as all the previous times we've been.the secret for me is,the very very high standards are always maintained.Tip,if you try to book and it's booked up,STAY IN!!!...and get the next available date.best culinary experience in the city....

1  Thank roldaanfamily
ScribeLiverpool, Public Relations Manager at Spire, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

Hello & thanks for sharing your impressions of our standards of service and food. It's so great when our efforts to keep our standards consistently high is recognised. Thanks again.

There are newer reviews for Spire

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Visited here after work one day, a long hard days work so me and the office popped down for a bit of relaxation and banter, it did the trick perfectly and the food hit the spot! Its a nice place to go and I'd go back, I felt it deserved a good review!

Hi Naomi - thanks for your review, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

This restaurant is hidden away in a row of shops, and looks closed. However, it is an excellent venue. There is on street parking quite close by, and it is a suburban area of Liverpool. The staff were excellent, and the food was fantastic. There was a range of English dishes, and both the starters and mains offered good sized portions. The sweets were good, and the ambience within the restaurant excellent. It is advisable to book. Great meal!

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I visited spire restaurant a few weeks ago with my partner. On the whole, it was an excellent evening, the food was perfection, although I'm sure the apple tatin is not home made as suggested on the menu, nevertheless the starter and mains both my partner and I had were second to none. The presentation is very impressive and the wine selection leaves you spoilt for choice.
I cannot disagree with the many other reviews about the service, it is impeccable. The waitresses are very personal, efficient and make you feel as if nothing is too much trouble. My only criticism would be of the gentleman (I believe he is the owner?) that works in spire. He seems to concentrate his attention on a very select few tables he obviously knows when perhaps his focus would be better directed at newer customers to insure their return? At one point, I would have liked to have ordered another drink (but understandably the waitresses were very busy and it is obviously not possible to have one on one service for the entire evening) the owner(?) was stood by the bar texting on his phone and failed to notice my attempts to get his attention.
Perhaps I am being a little fussy, as I say that would be my only criticism. On the whole, I would definitely recommend a visit to spire as the food and (most of) the service is unbeatable in Liverpool.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Visited for the first time after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and what a find! I cannot praise both the staff and food enough. The crispy lamb and sea bass were cooked to perfection as was the fillet steak. Our choice of desserts was again excellent. Apart from the outstanding food, what made the evening really special was the friendly and helpful staff, who had the time to talk to us, even though the restaurant was very busy. I have never felt so at home when eating out and my husband agreed. The restaurant we visited following this could learn a lot from Spire's level of service.

After previously visiting other top end restaurants in Liverpool, this will certainly be our first choice when we return next year. Just wish it was a bit closer to home!

Hi Jangs & thanks for such kind words about Spire. Always good to hear positive feedback from visitors to Liverpool. Look forward to your return!