“First timer ”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Swedish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Description: Looking for meat on the spit in central Liverpool? Grilla’s the go, a Greek grillhouse restaurant that focuses its pointy skewers on the Mediterranean for inspiration. Grilla is a pared-back eatery that Liverpool’s meat lovers are destined to fall for. Just don’t fall on your own sword in the rush to get there. The menu at Grilla is packed with meaty goodness, with the Mix Grilla for two topping the list and offering a variety of house specialties. Shocking news is that vegetarians have a home here, with a range of meat-free Mediterranean dishes on offer, too.Stuffed mushrooms, grilled spicy feta, grilled balsamic and parmesan coated veggies leaven the animal proteins that otherwise dominate.
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Hi ,

I really enjoyed my time eating here I have walked past this venue so many times and I don't know why cause it's actually really nice . The decor is so warm and homely I really felt very welcomed . Only two negatives I have and that is staff didn't seem to communicate enough with each other and that the menu has two different prices on it . For example it offers the eating out price and then eating in and here is like £2-3 pound difference , I honestly think this would put a lot of customers off. I think this venue should be enjoyed as it's so beautiful inside and there should be less takeouts or at least take it off the menu and hold a serperate one for take away . This place is also great for groups .

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Ate here last Sunday.
Service was chatty and prompt.
We ordered from the discount menu (2 courses £10 before 6pm) and off the regular menu, I had the Tzatziki and my wife had the cheese mushrooms, the Tsatsiki was tasty but the mushrooms stole the show, they were massive and very tasty.
My wife's main of chicken boneless was tasty, it came with handcut skinny chips and a bowl of salad, the chicken wasn't over-cooked and was really tasty, really herby.
I had the Chicken Exohiko, it was very tasty, you could taste the herby chicken, the cheese, the bacon and the sweet peppers really made it super tasty.
The meal was very enjoyable, very tasty and service was good.
Well done Grilla, we'll be back.

1  Thank DurhamPitLad
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Wonderful evening with friends. The food was outstanding the service faultless and the whole experience couldn't be faulted. On a decent summer evening you could believe you were on a Greek Island.

Only negative is that the smokers from the nearby bars congregate outside Grilla and with the open front you can't avoid the smell.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

It's not everyday you enter a restaurant and the amazing smells of the food immediately captivate you. My friends wanted take away, so we ordered beforehand. As we entered the restaurant, you could tell right away, this place knew what they were doing. We ordered Mix Grilla, Chicken and Pork on the spit, and a bunch of sides. The chicken was cooked perfectly; the pork fell off the bone it was so tender. The fries and zucchini croquettes were excellent sides to the already amazing proteins.
And throw in the fact that take away is 50% off on meats, the quality far surpassed any expectations. When I am in Liverpool, I will definitely come here again.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Well, well, well. I didn't think my dining experience here could get any better! But the guys topped it for my birthday!
We used the function room downstairs, absolutely beautiful! Ambience is amazing, space for dancing too? Disco lights! Loved it! Excellent dj'ing and photography skills from George! The food? Oh my the food!!!! Compliments to the chefs as always, gets better every time!!!
I had the best birthday ever! Thank you guys! We will be hiring this room again. Staff couldn't do more to help! Looked after each and everyone of our needs from my 6 year old nephew to my 83 year old Nan!!!
I'm overwhelmed by the efforts!!!! Please visit this place! You will not be disappointed!!!