“Living on previous reputation!”

Gulshan Indian Restaurant
Ranked #207 of 1,792 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$0 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant used to be one of the best in liverpool! It's is distinctly average now! Very disappointed! Also if u like chips with your meal, you've got no chance, the management have decided I don't want chips with my rice & curry dish!?!? "They don't do chips" try Asiana in west derby! Million times better!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My well travelled nephew was over from South Australia and requested we went out for an Indian Meal.

We decided to call at the Gulshan Restaurant as we did not want to travell into Liverpool City Centre.

Whilst I have eaten in the restaurant many times before and always found the food and service to be excellent, my nephew was really impressed at both the level of service and standard of food, high accolade indeed for someone who has travelled to India many times.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Fantastic night, well looked after, great food and cocktails! After long day, tired, thirsty and hungry - I was dragged out to a Birthday meal...yawn...here we go again I thought, another curry and a few beers. But little did I know it was the Gulshan, a real gem of a restaurant in South Liverpool. What a pleasant surprise! Friendly staff greeted you,shown upstairs to a proper bar with a selection of beer, wines and even cocktail (luckily it was two for one - more could you ask for!), chilled and relaxed for thirty minutes or so while other guessed arrived, the meal was yummy yum yum, so much so a week later took advantage of their delivery service and had a take out delivered! Lamb Chops and a Thali! Great evening, thanks to staff and hope to see you again soon....

1  Thank Martin p
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Myself and my wife visited the Gulshan as we had been told that the food and the service was excellent. It did not disappoint. The staff were very polite and had a great sense of humour. It makes a change to be served by staff who actually look like they enjoy their job. We were told that all the food was made fresh. I would especially recommend the Nahari as a starter. It had fantastic flavour and was perfectly spiced for our tastes. The main course was fantastic. I had the Gulshan Special, which was beautifully cooked and there was plenty of it. My wife had the chicken tikka which she said was one of best she had ever tasted. Since our first visit we have been back many times and have never had a bad meal. I would very much recommend the Gulshan to any of my friends and have done so already.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Took the family to the Gulshan last night. Everything was perfect - the staff attitude from entering the restaurant, the service and the quality of the food. A trip to the Gulshan will not disappoint any local or visitor to the City.

1  Thank dennis b