“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Gulshan Indian Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 1,651 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$0 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We went here on a Thursday evening, as we were staying at the Airport so we got a Taxi, i chose this as the reviews were good !!! the place was very quiet for a Thursday at 8 pm, i had a chicken balti dish without going on too much i found the food quite bland so all in i was very dissaponted with the place. And we found it very expensive compared with other places in Liverpool.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Living on previous reputation!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant used to be one of the best in liverpool! It's is distinctly average now! Very disappointed! Also if u like chips with your meal, you've got no chance, the management have decided I don't want chips with my rice & curry dish!?!? "They don't do chips" try Asiana in west derby! Million times better!

“Indian Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My well travelled nephew was over from South Australia and requested we went out for an Indian Meal.

We decided to call at the Gulshan Restaurant as we did not want to travell into Liverpool City Centre.

Whilst I have eaten in the restaurant many times before and always found the food and service to be excellent, my nephew was really impressed at both the level of service and standard of food, high accolade indeed for someone who has travelled to India many times.

• Visited March 2014
Upton, United Kingdom
“A 'Taste Sensation' not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Fantastic night, well looked after, great food and cocktails! After long day, tired, thirsty and hungry - I was dragged out to a Birthday meal...yawn...here we go again I thought, another curry and a few beers. But little did I know it was the Gulshan, a real gem of a restaurant in South Liverpool. What a pleasant surprise! Friendly staff greeted you,shown upstairs to a proper bar with a selection of beer, wines and even cocktail (luckily it was two for one - more could you ask for!), chilled and relaxed for thirty minutes or so while other guessed arrived, the meal was yummy yum yum, so much so a week later took advantage of their delivery service and had a take out delivered! Lamb Chops and a Thali! Great evening, thanks to staff and hope to see you again soon....

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Martin p
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food and Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Myself and my wife visited the Gulshan as we had been told that the food and the service was excellent. It did not disappoint. The staff were very polite and had a great sense of humour. It makes a change to be served by staff who actually look like they enjoy their job. We were told that all the food was made fresh. I would especially recommend the Nahari as a starter. It had fantastic flavour and was perfectly spiced for our tastes. The main course was fantastic. I had the Gulshan Special, which was beautifully cooked and there was plenty of it. My wife had the chicken tikka which she said was one of best she had ever tasted. Since our first visit we have been back many times and have never had a bad meal. I would very much recommend the Gulshan to any of my friends and have done so already.

• Visited February 2014