“Lovely hotel,but so noisy”

Hard Days Night Hotel
Ranked #26 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Norfolk
“Lovely hotel,but so noisy”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This was our second visit to Hard Days Night hotel and we opted for a luxury room with a balcony and a great view. Sadly this was all spoiled by the loud music from the Cavern club at 2-45am. We had to ask to be moved by 3am and this was done quickly but by then we were wide awake and could not get back to sleep till 4am which then spoiled the next day as we were so shattered we had to return to our hotel at 3pm to sleep and were too tired to go out again that evening. A lovely hotel but we would never go again sadly as the trip was ruined. We will return to Liverpool very soon, but stay somewhere else. I think reception should mention this to guests and not tell them that the room is well soundproofed. It is not!

Room Tip: Ask for room 207
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
I am glad you liked the hotel apart from your disturbed nights sleep for which I apologise. Your room tip however is an interesting one. Room 207 is on the front of the Hotel much nearer the Cavern Club than a 4th or 5th floor room that you had on this occasion.If you are a light sleeper we do have plenty of rooms that face the inside of the building away from any potential noise.Please just ask.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This Hotel is beautifully appointed. If you don't like the Beatles and their music, do not consider this hotel. My wife does and loved it! We came as a 60th birthday treat for a 'Beatles' experience. It didn't let us down. The location is bang on for shopping and sightseeing. Car parking is a 5 minute walk away and costs £8.50 a day. We ate in the restaurant on the first night which cost us £46.00 for two. If you dine before 7pm there is a cheaper menu! The food was very good. But who wants to pay £24.00 for an 8oz steak? Breakfast is buffet style and yes the eggs were dried up. But overall it's ok. Beatles music plays in the background all the time in public areas, which must be hard for the staff. However they were attentive and polite at all times. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room 411 was excellent. It had a desk, 2 chairs and a large comfortable bed. Bathroom was clean...
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Had a long weekend at the hotel, generally average, very expensive, small rooms but good location

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thankyou for taking the time to review our Hotel. We do have larger rooms available however they are priced at a premium as one would expect. Hotel rooms are priced on a supply and demand basis and given Liverpool were at home to Manchester United and there was a major boxing event at the arena rooms were in short supply. I am sorry we did not match your expectations.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This Beatles-themed hotel is right in the heart of the Cavern Walks district and also handy for the Albert Dock and main shopping areas. The hotel is very comfortable although the room we had was quite small (but perfectly formed!).
The Beatles theme continues with their music in all the public areas but at quite a discreet level. Both bars very comfortable.
Breakfast fairly ordinary and what was on offer varied enormously between the two mornings we were there.
We had some problems with out room lighting which were dealt with very promptly.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Although this hotel is in a fabulous location, that is it. I stayed in a standard room although the bed was very comfortable, I would expect nothing less, the room was cramped. The bathroom door had splash marks on from previous guests. The tea facilities were poor, 2 tea bags and similar amount of coffee. This is a 4 star hotel remember. Yes they have remote touch button lighting system, air conditioning and a large picture of 2 of the Beatles. The breakfast was definitely not 4 star undercooked bacon, overcooked fried eggs and hash browns from Iceland! Why is it that large hotels cannot provide the same standard that a small B&B can provide. It simply is not value for money. I agree with the previous negative comments about having to haul your bags up the entrance steps. If you were a single traveller and unsteady you would have had to leave your case on the street to seek help at the desk. NOT 4STAR. PLUS SIDE and there are plus points the staff were friendly the live music in the bar great, but then I could have walked in off the street and just had a drink...much cheaper.

Room Tip: Upgrade for more space....if you have the money!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Thankyou for taking the time to post your review even if it is not entirely what I want to read. I am sorry you found the room cramped but we do have larger rooms available. More tea and coffee is always available with just a call to reception and I would love to cook all the breakfasts a la minute but when catering for 180 guests it is simply not possible. I am sorry we did not come up to scratch on this occasion.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2011

It has taken me 17 month to write this review.

My husband and I decided to hold our wedding at Hard Days not long after it had opened mainly because of the total WOW factor. I was totally overwhelmed by the total friendliness of ALL of the staff upon a few visits to the hotel that I knew it would be perfect for our BIG DAY.

The service we recieved in the 12 months running up to the wedding was 100% professional at all times. Marion was excellent and constantly on the ball with all of the finer details. (very,very good at her job!!) She took all our requests on board, right down to the minor details and it all showed on the BIG day. Marion handed us over to a colleague and unfortunately I cant remember the ladies name, I do remember she hadnt worked at the hotel for long so I was a little unsure as to her capability however she was in total control on the day and even the little things like the fairy lights around the two main pillars in the big function room were a simple but lovely surprise.

We gave our guests a menu to choose from on the run up to the wedding, and as much as that would sound a little bit of a big chore when you are sending invitations to 85 guests it worked a treat, so many people came to me after the wedding and complimented the food, some of my friends still mention it to me now, definitely WOW. Well in chef!

I have been to visit a lot of the liverpool city centre hotels (whether it be to eat or drink) and other wedding venues and none of them have the same vibe as Hard Days!

The service for the guests staying over was impeccable and the breakfast the next morning was excellent too. (Especially for those who ended up down Mathew Street at half four in the morning loosing a shoe and what have you).

Would definitley recommend the John Lennon Suite for anyone looking to spend their first night as Mr and Mrs, it was the icing on the wedding cake for me!

Some people might not found my review helpful at all but thats because I really dont have anything bad to say and believe me if I did have, I would be saying it.

Thankyou again to all of the staff who even spolit us rotten on our first wedding anniversary this May. We will be coming back again year after year and look forward to seeing Hard Days keep up its high standards. Our wedding was made a truly perfect day :))

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah t
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Better late than never. Thankyou so much for taking the time and trouble in writing your very kind review of your wedding day.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Just returned from a weekend stay at this great hotel. The wife and I had a lovely stay, the staff were so friendly and accomodating they could'nt do enough to help us enjoy our stay. The room we had was spacious and had a subtle Beatles theme. Great for those who want a bit of individuality in their hotel. We had a meal in Blakes the hotel restaurant which was first class. The hotel is located right in the heart of the city and this makes it an idea base for a weekend away. We will definately be returning and bringing friends back with us. A great stay. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple