“Great jubilee stay”

Hard Days Night Hotel
Ranked #24 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
“Great jubilee stay”
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

I love the Beatles, love the atmosphere of the 'Cavern club' and now love this hotel. If your going to stay here pay a little bit more and stop in a deluxe room with balcony as you will not be disappointed.
My room was exceptional and the staff were more than helpful, the Beatles artwork is fantastic and I will not hesitate to book again.
For those stopping blakes restaurant (inside the hotel) is closed on a Sunday and Monday but I would recommend picholinos, or the thai restaurant right opposite the hotel.
I'm sure if the negative reviewers informed the staff of their concerns they would have been more than happy to help.
A+

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
I am so pleased you enjoyed your saty over the Jubilee weekend. I hope you are able to take advantage of Blakes on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
Carlow, Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 6 June 2012

stayed here for two nights 2nd 3rd june a very pleasant experience, helpful friendly staff excellent breakfast, rooms were very spacious and well equipped .would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Terrible service from check in to check out, we may as well have stayed in a motorway motel.

We were advised that check in was from 2pm. We arrived at 2.30 and were advised that our room wasn't ready yet, we were told to sit in the bar and wait. After an hour I returned to the desk, our room still wasn't ready and I noticed that there were about 20 other guests waiting for their rooms. As far as I could see no-one had been offered even a drink whilst waiting.

I was told, again, to wait in the bar/lounge and someone would come to me - this didn't happen. It took over an hour to get into our room.

Whilst waiting in the lounge I noticed several people having afternoon tea, the tables around them weren't cleared and the staff were standing around chatting.

Our room was ok, smaller than I had thought, there was no mineral water in the room, the vent in the bathroom ceiling was filthy and noisy. The room could have been in any 3* chain hotel really, it was distinctly average.

The "concierge" was not a concierge, he was reluctant to offer any assistance with theatre/restaurant/bar recommendations and seemed more interested in the girl on reception.

An embarrassment to The Beatles.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank SandS-review
Thabk you for taking the time to review your exoeriences at our hands.I can assure you that your experiences were very much the exception rather than the rule as I believe the majority of our reviews bare out.I am truely sorry we failed to live up to uur billing on thisoccasion.
Kessingland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This hotel is beautiful. Just off Matthew Street in the heart of Liverpool around the corner from The Cavern. The hotel is very grand and upon entering you are met with the sounds of The Beatles. The hotel is modern tastefully decorated in Beatles pictures, music sheets and Beatles artwork.
The standard rooms are of a decent size and have excellent showers. Each room is decorated with Beatles pictures a different one in each room. The beds are large and very comfortable, the staff are friendly and helpful.

The Cocktail bar is a must, each cocktail has a Beatle theme, the cocktails range between £9 and £15, worth every penny,

We enjoyed the hotel so much we decided to book in for another night, it really is a wonderful place, comfortable, clean and in the heart of the city. A must for any Beatle fan or anyone who wants a stylish hotel in the city! LOVED IT!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I visited the hotel on the evening of the 01/06/2012 and was greeted by a very pleasent group of doormen. They were all very polite which suprised me after reading the unreasonable review from before. The bar was lovely in decor and the staff were all polite and provided a great service. I have drank in this establishment before and have never had any negative comments.Great night great service great location. I enjoyed my evening and will certainly revisit again thankyou very much!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
liverpool
Reviewed 2 June 2012

When my wife and I first visited the bar for a drink at the Hard Days Night Hotel, it had just opened and as we entered we were greeted by a lovely doorman, who welcomed us in. How it has changed, we called in on Friday, 1st June for a drink at the bar and were greeted not by a doorman but by four bouncers standing in our way as we tried to enter. When we left later, these same bouncers were again standing half blocking the entrance, but this time one of them was tucking in to a takeaway meal out of a paper carton. How very disappointing.

1 Thank dg55Liverpool
Thank you for your review. Unfortunatly as a requirement of our licience we are required to employ door staff. I am sorry on the occasion of your visit they would appear to have let us down but rest assured I will be showing your comments to the owner of said company.
North Hollywood
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at the Hard Days Night. We found it to be a very pleasant experience. By British standards, our room was palatial. The Beatles decor is a winner. The front desk staff (Kevin, in particular) was very helpful with winning recommendations for dining and directions for driving to Penny Lane, Strawberry Field and Mendips. The location of the hotel itself is perfect. Right next to the Cavern Quarter, Liverpool One and walking distance to the Docks and the Cathedral. Small quibbles: Miscommunication with housekeeping kept our room from being tended to the first afternoon (but was resolved by front desk promptly); Wi-Fi was intermittent. We would certainly patronize the HDNH again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple