“Great hotel”

Hard Days Night Hotel
Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights it was absolutely fantastic the room was great we were in room 407 lovely big room bathroom had bath and shower separate room for hanging clothes tea and coffee facilitys ironing board etc free slippers the staff were very helpful the breakfasts were good plenty of choice just round the corner from mathew street spent a lot of time in the cavern club the John Lennon act jimmy coburn was fab sounded and looked like John!!!! also in the package was a trip to the Beatles story and the magical mystery tour the guide was very informative and a good laugh would definatly go back Liverpool is a nice city anywhere we went everybody was friendly

• Stayed: June 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (3,348)

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay at the Hard Day's Night Hotel. The hotel itself is fantastic, very tastefully done and stylish. The staff were very good - the concierge was very helpful in booking timings etc. before we arrived.
We stayed on the Ultimate Beatles Package. First note - Joey's Private Taxi Tour was absolutely brilliant. My driver was learning the route, but we followed Joey around and it did not disappoint in anyway. I got all the time I needed to take as many photos as I wanted and at my own pace. I can't recommend them highly enough.
Only slight and minor criticism, was the rest of the package - 2 x free tickets to the Cavern but it was free anyway Tues/Wed (we were leaving on a Thurs). Magical Mystery Tour - fairly redundant if you are going on the private tour. Beatles Story/Museum - if you're a fan, you probably already know the details so best off using the time elsewhere in my opinion.
All in all, we had a good time and I'd definitely stay there again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CrgH72
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I am originally from Liverpool but now live in southern England, I have stayed her on two occasions, my wedding weekend and my 40th birthday weekend, all I can say is that this hotel is wonderful for fans of the Beatles and anyone else who likes the finer things in life.
The Lennon suite (wedding) is amazing, the wrap around balcony gives great city views and and afforded myself, wife, father in law and brother in law the opportunity to shower North John street with snow balls (winter wedding) before being showered ourselves by the security gauds on the roof, all good fun.
For my 40th we stayed in a standard room which is anything but standard, an equally enjoyable experience with fantastic staff for whom nothing seems to be too much trouble.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at hard days night 23rd May. All of the staff were wonderful, they couldn't  have been more helpful. Liverpool is such an amazing city, we left planning a return visit as we hadn't managed to fit everything in which we wanted to see and do. The hotel it's self is right in the city centre a perfect position to see all Liverpool has to offer. We had the absolute pleasure of staying in the McCartney suite with a terrace over looking the city. We both agreed that we would find it very difficult to stay anywhere else in liverpool now we have experienced this fine hotel. We would also like to compliment the chef, we thought the food was outstanding.

If you are wanting to stay in and around Liverpool for any occasion, don't book anywhere else.

Once again, thank you all. We will be back as soon as we get a chance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DCLB
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you so much for your very positive comments. I can assure you the Chef will be delighted.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed for one night recently for a birthday treat and had mixed reaction. The hotel is clearly a quality establishment and decorated excellently. We requested an upper room and were pleasantly surprised with a 4th floor room with balcony over-looking North John Street to the front. Noise overnight wasn't an issue at all, though some rooms can be I understand so worth bearing in mind.
The room was very impressive, loved the control panels in the headboard for the lighting and air-con. Just one problem in that there was insufficient water pressure to reach the shower head, so this was completely in-effective and pretty poor I think that this hadn't been spotted considering the daily cleaning and preparation routine for an establishment such as this!!
The one big problem thats needs to be sorted out is the breakfast experience. Now for the £16.95 I think if you pay on the day, one expects something special. Unfortunately the room is far too small to sufficiently accommodate the guests and the tables are too cramped together. The layout is all wrong, a tiny serving hatch one corner of the room and the cereals, tea and coffee the other. Absolute mayhem. The food and selection of it was below average all served on very small plates, ok you can help yourself but a bit ridiculous really. To top it off the staff (little more than school leavers) are next to useless, forget to bring your drinks order, tables not set with no cutlery or milk and they're sitting people down, clearing plates away before they were finished, just no idea!! I stay in many hotels on business week in week out and this is probably one of the worst breakfast set ups I've come across. Sort this out and it will make a significant difference. Not just me but others dissatisfied too.

Room Tip: Don't have the breakfast. Choose an upper floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sredvee
Mike57d, General Manager at Hard Days Night Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thankyou for taking the trouble to rview us. I am pleased you enjoyed your room on the whole but was disappointed to read your views on breakfast.As you probably realise the constraints on size of room etc are out with of our control and there are very few if any hotels who have a restaurant that can cater for the maximum number of sleepers which is only required 2 days a week! The points you raise regarding service are disappointing and shall address with those concerned.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My sister and I went to the Hard Days Night Hotel for afternoon High tea. We had been to a few other hotels offering the same service, high tea with a glass of champagne. This was by far the worst and well over-priced. The scones were miniscule and not very fresh. The bread was poor and the selection of cakes was also not up to the standard you expect when paying £24.00 a head. We were served a glass of champagne by the waitress before the tea and yes it was just a glass of champagne, not as offered elsewhere served from an ice bucket and poured by a waiter which certainly made it a sense of occasion. We were extremely disappointed by the quality and quantity of Hard Days Night high tea and needless to say, we won't be returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joanieL65

I am so sorry we did not live up to your expectations. Afternoon tea is an area of the business we are very proud of but it is clear on this occasion we failed to reach your level of expectation for which I apologise.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

There must be many strange requests, but the staff found us a cake knife without batting an eyelid.

Fantastic friendly staff. Great location. Amazing rooms

• Stayed: October 2011

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we have the pleasure of your company again soon.