“Lovely Bistro”
Review of Bistro Pierre

Bistro Pierre
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Pierre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #132 of 1,881 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We didnt go for the early bird as we wished to eat later having done an afternoons shopping in Liverpool. On arriving the staff were very welcoming, and, apologised as our table wasnt quite ready but we only waited about 5 minutes before being seated. I didnt have a starter, just nibbled on the bread and balsamic vinegar, oh had chicken livers which he thoroughly enjoyed. He followed that with the duck breast,again that was a hit for him, I had pork normandie which was delicious, the accompanying veg were just enough to go with them. We decided on desserts chocolate terrine (which i didnt get thought it may have been a little to much but looked gorgeous), and plum crumble and custard - very tasty indeed. The meal was washed down with a bottle of wine, and to our surprise the bill was just over £55 - what a bargain. The service was very good even though the bistro was packed to the rafters when we arrived, we will definately be visiting again next time we stay in Liverpool.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Quick review on this one, this was a warm, romantic small restaurant that served some of the best food I have ever had in Liverpool (steak was fantastic)... Quick service with great wine selection! I will return

Reviewed 30 November 2012

I love this place and it never fails to excel its self. The ambiance is always perfect and the staff impecable, not to mention the beautiful food delivered and on the early lunch or dinner special a hard price, atmosphere and quality is hard pushed to beat.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

My sister and I were recommended by a friend to go to Bistro Pierre as we were in Liverpool for the night last Sunday. We really feel we can not fault the atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff or the very excellent pre-theatre three course dinner. We were so impressed with our beet root infused salmon ceviche that we asked how it was done. Twenty minutes later the chef appeared. He had hand-written the recipe out for us. A thoroughly enjoyable evening

Reviewed 19 November 2012 via mobile

visited bistro Pierre this evening and found the restaurant warm (maybe too warm as my partner found it uncomfortable) the waiting staff chirpy attentive and welcoming. however the food was well below average. our starters although blandly presented were passable. my partners bacon, artichoke and potato was nice and quaint but somewhat uninspiringly served wrapped in a radichio leaf. however it was over salty with very chewy bacon. nothing to get particularly upset about, but nothing to get excited about either. my ham hock portion was stingy, unseasoned or enhanced with any herbs etc. the accompanying red onion "marmalade" was virtually uncooked crispy and dull. served with a measley one slice of baguette and some slightly limp undressed salad which appeared to reflect the attitude of the chef. tired, jaded, and past caring. our mains arrived and without even cutting into it I could see my "ribeye" steak was very very overcooked beyond the medium rare requested. well beyond medium and well aquainted with the dizzy heights of very well done. my partners risotto (Italian?? in a French restaurant??) was badly undercooked...very much on the crunch side of al dente. I'm thinking more like raw. now the good bit. the way the staff dealt with us from arrival to complaining and insisting we didn't want anything else other than the bill was outstanding. they were lovely, apologetic and sincere. we paid only for our starters and not the four cokes or bread we ordered and for this were very thankful. in conclusion if you know what good food is you should consider carefully a visit. if you don't know what good food is then you will probably leave happy.

Catherine D, Public Relations Manager at Bistro Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Hi there,

Many thanks for your honest feedback on your visit to Bistro Pierre. We are sorry to hear that your recent experience was not 100% spot on. We always strive to provide excellent customer service and pride ourselves in delivering good quality, fresh food. Unfortunately it appears that our standards were not up to scratch on your visit. I have spoken to the chefs and all our team in the kitchen send their apologies.

Could you please contact our General Manager Dan directly on gm@bistropierre.com to allow us the opportunity to make amends.

Kind Regards,