“Fab hotel”

Ranked #24 of 70 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Sheffield
“Fab hotel”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I booked this hotel for myself and 5 other friends as I was in Liverpool for my hen weekend. The hotel is also a recording studio so had lots of bands recording there etc, I stopped in the triple room which was huge. The room was great, comfy single beds, great power shower. The location is great, just a few mins away from the main shopping areas and the docks etc.
We didnt go to the hotel bar but think there was two bars.
Although bands/bar were playing music most of the day and night, we just closed the windows but if you are looking for a quiet stay then dont stop here but for a group of young lasses it was great.
All in all I would stop at this hotel again without a doubt! the hotel staff even put banners and balloons in my room which my friends had sent in the post.

Room Tip: Triple room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yorkshirelasses

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I was staying here alone for two nights midweek, attending a conference at the conference centre by the docks, and wanted to be somewhere where I could enjoy a walk across part of the city each morning on the way to the conference. The hotel is a few roads down from Bold Street, where I had breakfast each morning - the area feels like an area of Liverpool that's becoming gentrified - converted warehouses etc - and away from the main centre. But I'd not been to Liverpool before so don't know the city at all. The walk down to the docks took about 15 minutes. The hotel itself is quirky and interesting and the people helpful and friendly - fun to be in a place with music history in a city known for its music. And the room was spacious and comfortable - the bed was a touch short, though, and I'm of average height. No problem with noise but then I was there midweek. Loved Liverpool and will certainly come back and stay at the Parr Street Hotel the next time I visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob S
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

On arrival we were greeted by the lovely Sharon who tried her best to get us one of their parking spots (there are only 7) but all full....it wasn't a problem though, as there is a carpark at the end of the road. We were then taken to our rooms, again, Sharon was really attentive and made sure we were happy with everything. The rooms are really stylish :) I loved the Fatboy in the window bay (which overlooks the rooftops) very Meat Packers / Greenwich Village.....comfy beds, great mini-bar, I've never commented on a mini-bar before but this one was actually reasonable with a good choice of snacks and drinks without the extortionate prices, good coffee facilities, large bathroom with power shower and good lighting. We loved the whole ambience of the hotel, it is seeped in interesting facts and music history. We watched the bands doing their sound checks in the bar, what a great way to spend the afternoon. We ate at The Attic and wasn't disappointed, the staff were really friendly and chatty. The piece de resistance was watching our Nephew play with his band, The Dumontts who played at the hotel's soul night!! fantastic talented bands that played great tunes all night.....The area is similar to our Manchester Northern Quarter, very bohemian, laid back and trendy, with a great choice of bars and cafe's, definitely my favourite part of Liverpool. There are no breakfast facilities at the hotel, but there are a few places nearby, we ate at The Hub on Duke Street and it didn't disappoint

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kathmcc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

A lot of the reviews here mention the noise, but we didn't notice any. I guess it depends what you're after from your stay; it probably is a bit better for younger couples. The location was brilliant, all sorts going on. The standard was good for the money, and the staff were lovely. We were really hungover on the last day and they let us stay really late for an extra £15, which I thought was decent. It would have been terrible if they'd have sent us packing.

The hotel is an old recording studio, so the layout is quirky/interesting. I've not stayed anywhere like it and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lathonez
Reviewed 9 December 2012

After reading some reviews we were a little apprehensive about the stay, however on entering the hotel we were immediately put at ease. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the room was large, modern and comfortable & the location was perfect! We would definately stay here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank mogz11
London
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The location is great - about a 10mins walk from Lime Street station, situated down the cobbled backstreets, it feels a bit 'grittier', but you're surrounded by great independent pubs, bars, shops and restaurants.

The building itself is interesting - full of character and atmosphere. Check-in was easy, guy on the desk was really friendly and helpful, and took us up to our room and showed us inside. Didn't pay much attention as we dumped our bags and headed straight out. It was only on the first night we realised there were some issues....getting ready for a night out, we noticed problems in the bathroom and the room wasn't as clean as I would expect. The window wouldn't close (it was freezing), the towel rail didn't work, the shower door didn't close and there was no bath mat, therefore the floor flooded when you used the shower. When we returned back to the room around 1.30am, couldn't believe the noise levels!! There was noise from a bar or club outside, and also the in-house bar. Although there's secondary glazing, it's completely useless. We had to put on the TV to drown the noise out.

Next day, went to make a cup of tea and no milk, so had to go downstairs to reception and get some - thought this was a little odd to provide everything else and not the milk. The room was well kitted out with cups/plates/bowls etc, but there's no fridge or microwave so no real need for all that. Asked a member of staff to have a look in the bathroom, and when we returned the window was closed, but everything else remained the same. Another sleepless night followed - even though we didn't get back till gone 3am, you could clearly hear the noise from the club outside and the constant noise of the old warehouse-style lift going up and down and the grilles shutting.

So, would I stay here again? No. It's just too noisey, and it's lacking a few basic necessessities. Shame though, as I loved the building, the location and surrounding area - everything is within a 5min walk. The staff are lovely, and there's a great bar in the building called 'The Attic' which serves lovely food and cocktails. You're better off popping into the bar, then staying somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank WeenieLondon
galway
Reviewed 19 November 2012

we stayed here last weekend, the hotel is interesting with great bedrooms, the shower was just ok but nothing to complain about, if you are young and hip this is the place for you, if like us you are in your 40's and don't want to listen to loud music late into the night this isn't the place for you, we didnt use the bar or cafe as there was no one there when we went in so it felt a bit soul-less,

as i say, this is a great spot for the young!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple