3,852 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathbastion restaurantliverpool fanshankly memorabiliagreat manamazing hotelbottle of proseccosister hotelluxury roomfootball fansrooftop barafternoon teahen partysignature livingbirthday treatevery member of stafffantastic stay
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Visited here for afternoon tea. By far the best I’ve yet had! Great selection of foods and allowed to box the rest up when couldn’t finish it. Drinks were constantly replenished. Would highly recommend

Stayed: January 2018
Adam G, Manager at The Shankly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear travell221,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I have passed on your comments to the team in the Bastion Restaurant who are delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.

We aim to provide a memorable service to all of our guests and it is great to read that you experienced this with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

If you like football or not this is an amazing hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are massive, the beds are comfy. The bathroom was amazing with the double jacuzzi.
The food in the restaurant was beautiful but a bit too much charcoal on my husbands steak.
I did have to complain about hot water ( there was none) but they soon rectified that.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Adam G, Manager at The Shankly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear charliesgirl7,

Thank you for such a wonderful 5* review.

The title of your review fills me with pride. This is everything that as a company, we aim for. Our guests are the pinnacle to the hotel and we aim daily to provide an experience like no other.

I am pleased to read that you found the team friendly and helpful and the rooms amazing.

I do hope to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Stayed here on a Saturday night with 6 of my friends, room was really nice and big, few things looked could have done with an update, the sofa bed was falling apart and a few of the draws were, apart from that the stay was really good, room service and the maid service were very quick , the room had a Bluetooth speaker system built in which was really good and it had a big jacuzzi bath with a waterfall shower which was nice!

would deffo stay again for a night out in Liverpool! overall I would say its a little overpriced for the room could do with a little update, but very good location and views over the city!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Holly G.

Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review.

We aim to provide accommodation like no other and our large group accommodation suites are perfect for that get together with friends or family.

I have passed on your maintenance issues to the team here who have now rectified them and I apologise that you experienced this during your stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Had a fab one night stay with my boyfriend to celebrate our two year anniversary. Our room was beautiful and we especially loved the double jacuzzi bath. I booked the love sweet love package which included two personalised cupcakes, rose petals and bottle of prosecco. This made our stay that extra little bit special. The food in the hotel restaurant was delicious and we took advantage of the 2 for £10 cocktails that were on offer. The breakfast was lovely. There was lots of choice. The cooked breakfast was delicious and filled us up for the day. Overall, we had a lovely, romantic weekend at the hotel.

The only downfall we had was the bluetooth didnt work in our room to play music and it looked like the control pad on the wall was broken. This needs to be looked at and repaired (Room 308)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicola Q,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I would firstly like to congratulate you on your 2 year anniversary! How wonderful that you spent such a lovely occasion with us. We pride ourselves on the service and product we provide and I am pleased to read that you added the Love Sweet Love package to your booking.

I have already passed on your lovely comments to the team in the Restaurant and Bar who are delighted you enjoyed your meal and cocktails.

I have spoken to our maintenance team who have now replaced the speaker system in the room and I would like to apologise that you did not have the use of this during your stay with us.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

The Shankly is in an ideal location in Central Liverpool. We stayed for a night with evening meal and breakfast. The room was stunning, the food exceptionally good, and such attention to detail and excellent customer services from the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. We stayed along with my elderly parents who enjoyed it as much as we did, and it was made into such a memorable occasion because it was so good. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for a city view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 1963Kimt
Adam G, Front Office Manager at The Shankly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear 1963Kimt,

Thank you for your wonderful 5* review.

It is always a pleasure to read that our guests have enjoyed their time spent with us. We aim to provide a relaxing and memorable stay for all of our guests.

I am pleased to read that the team here added to your memorable stay. They are a true credit to the hotel and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future for another memorable stay.