“Pearl of the orient”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Dined here last week with my partner and found it a pleasant experience. From the decor, service and food a wonderful experience. Its definately going down on our list of places to revisit. Will be visiting here again next month with family, coming up from south, and I am sure we wont be dissapointed.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Visited Saturday night, seated immediately. Only had a main course and a beer as it was an unplanned, casual visit. The Cantonese chicken however was wonderful and staff very attentive. Hadn't been here for years but would return for a second visit. Not really somewhere for a romantic meal or special occasion though.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Went to Eastern diner for lunch. Had a great meal off the lunch time specials. Very nice at reasonable price! Highly Recommend the hot & sour soup.

1  Thank Tommymac288
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have dined at eastern on a number of occasions.Recently I took my mother as a sort of christmas treat/present for her.Actually we were both blown away.I had king prawn chow-mein ,which was absolutely delicious, my mother had char sui oyster sauce mixed mushrooms.Both meals were seasoned perfectly ,no need for salt n pepper or soy sauce .I would recommend this restaurant for both it's extremely tasty food and value for money,not to mention the friendly service. 9/10 .

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I visited Eastern Diner last night for the first time with my family.

I was quite pleasantly surprised at how modern the restaurant looked, the inside is bright and spacious, and the staff warmly welcome you as soon as you walk through the door.

There was 8 of us, and we all ordered starters and main meals.

The was a huge variety of meals to choose from, my girlfriend got salt & chilli squid, whilst I got crispy chicken roll dim-sum, both of which tasted great and fresh, I would also recommend the sesame toast.

I was a bit stuck on what to get with all of the sauces, and the waiter kindly described what most of the sauces I was stuck between getting were like, taste, texture etc.

I have just read up on a few reviews of people saying portion sizes are small, this is simply not the case. I was the only one to finish my meal, others couldn't finish due to large portions.

I would visit this restaurant again and I'd recommend it to my friends.

Thanks for a great night and happy family memories, Eastern Diner.

1  Thank stevennexus90