“Dirty and rude”
Review of Arinza Apartments

Arinza Apartments
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The whole apartment was grubby. Not enough utensils etc in the kitchen to wash up and cook. The slats came out of the single bed which led to me having to sleep on the couch. When I informed the manager he practically accused me of intentionally breaking it. Then pretended to not understand me. This was also how I was treated by the owner when I was given his number. No apology was ever offered.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2011

Its proximity to the hospital was our reason for choosing the apartments. We traveled to Liverpool by train and got to the apartments only to find them locked! We rang the number given and were eventually let in. The apartment itself was adequate but, having stayed at similar establishments elsewhere in the city, it did not come up to their standards. That evening we took a taxi to the dock area for a meal and were advised by the taxi driver not to walk back to the apartments in the dark. It was very noisy (but then we live in a rural area) so we got very little sleep.

All in all, the apartment served its purpose but I didn't feel comfortable there for the entire stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolj2525
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Came to stay as we were going to a wedding, Apartment was dirty, stunk of stale cigarettes, cig butts mixed in with pot pouri, not enough cutlery or plates, no cooking utensils, no grill pan, we might as well have been in a tent, table lamp in bedroom had a dud bulb, the bathroom door handle was hanging off, there was an awful smell in the bathroom that resembled a pungent smell of rotting wood. It is such a shame as the apartments have the potential to be nice, it is blatently obvious that they are not cleaned thoroughly or maintained often enough, maybe visit England should go and take a look and then review the plaque above the door, these are definately no where near a three star.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2011

me and my friends couldnt fault the apartments, they were spotlessly clean and had all utensils required. The manager was very friendly and if anything was missing she got it to us as soon as she could. Its a great place to stay for groups of men and women although the only downside was that if you wanted a wander to a local pub there wasnt any that would be of anyones taste!!! taxis firms were as prompt as possible and cheap. only other complaint would be that mirrors are needed in every room, especially for the girls!!! all in all felt thoroughly comfortable there and would definitely go back again and recommend it to people

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 4 February 2011

THIS HOTEL IS BY FAR THE WORSE HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN. After our stay i noticed money going out of my bank account and it was this apartment taking it out, all together they took £160, ive took it to the fraud investigation team!! DO NOT TRUST WITH BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS!!!! The apartment was VERY DIRTY! As we were going out for a night out we expected to be able to get a shower however the bathroom was so dirty we didnt even want to go to the toilet. The bed sheets were stained and we found a used condom under the bed. So obviously it had not been cleaned. We expected a proper bed however we got a single air bed. All the door handles were falling off and the whole apartment smelt very bad. There was glass all over the 'Kitchen' floor, and its a good job we brought our own glasses to drink out of because the ones in the apartment we not washed. The area is VERY rough, aparently the roughest place in liverpool, there was gangs hanging around the apartment all night and we did not feel safe leaving our personal things in the room. So i advise people to stay away from these apartments!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I Booked this apartment because my Boyfriend was home from a trip in Japan where he is working and I wanted something special for us.I arrived a little earlier than him and I wanted to check it out first,so I took my mum along. As we arrivied there was a note on the door saying ring this number,which was a mobile. Luckily I had credit on my mobile, so if you go here,make sure you can make a phone call as you need to call them to let you in. Somebody opened the door and as soon as I walked in,I new this wasn't for me. He walked us through a corridor,which had no lighting and hasn't been redecorated since the 70's. The walls were also dirty. He then took us into what I can only describe as a courtyard which 2 doors at the side, he opened the door,which I thought was the reception, he did not speak at all since he opened the door, so we had no idea what was happening. I walked in the 'luxury' apartments and I nearly burst into tears, the bathroom was on the right...and there was no way I could of got into that bath or shower as it was so dirty it was unreal. The carpets had stains on and also the walls, there was a very musy smell and as we walked into the living room, we new why, I opened a cupboard to find a old damp blanket, it was stained and wet so this was what the smell was. The pictures on the website are definetly not of this apartment, the 2 bedroom apartments have been refurbished (apparently) but I did not get to see these. I was so upset and the memeber of staff did not make this any better. I told him the website states 'luxury modern' apartments....this was not modern at all, fridge was so old it creeked as you opened it and the lamps and bedsheets were all stained with yellow,as if there was damp. I advised him that I couldnt stay there and asked if I could have 5 mins to sort myself out...he replied with...well no because if you don't want to stay here, im not going to let you have 5 mins. He brought his manager down who was so rude, I couldnt beleive it. When I said these are not modern or luxury aparments, he asked...what I was looking for??? I was so appalled the way he spoke to me and my mum. I then told him I am not staying and I will not be paying, so I cancelled the stay. I then rang another apartment in town, Premier Apartments which were £15 more expensive but It was well worth it, lovely staff, lovely apartments and as I was so stressed when I arrivied they offfered me free car parking too. Unfortuently I did not want to spend any more time in the Arinza Apartments to take any photos but I would not reccomend this to anyone. I had phone calls after phone calls after the evening saying they were going to charge me as well. Staff have no people skills and should not be running this type of establishment.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2009

Me and 10 of my friends went here to celebrate 21st birthdays and booked 4 apartments for a friday and saturday night. Had an absolute ball!! Manager was really friendly and cheery, didnt moan once! Rooms were clean and had all the facilities that you need. Everything in the apartments worked, and were nicely decorated and spacious. We were told it wasnt a great area to stay in, but although its next to a main road it was very quiet (hardly any cars or people) and we never had, or seen, any trouble there atall. Very near to the centre of liverpool, however the manager gave us private taxi numbers and we used them whenever we were going into the centre(very cheap!). There is a shop right next door aswell with everything you need - food, fags and alcohol. We paid around £85 each for 2 nights, much cheaper than any other apartments i looked at in liverpool, and for that price these apartments were surprisingly great! Would definitely book these apartments again - AMAZINGG!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends